Topics

Replacement for L8

One of my IRF510s failed and took L8 with it (yes, I had a 15A fuse instead of a 3A...my bad!).  According to the V4 schematic, L8 is a 60 microH toroid...Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?  Alternatively, I'd settle for the specs on the core and will wind my own if I can get the proper size/material.

73
WI6P
John

AndyH

Hi John,

   Condolences and/or congratulations for the opportunity!

   Earlier docs from Farhan says the core is an FT37-43.  The calculator at kits and parts says it should be 13.1 turns for 60 µH.

http://toroids.info/FT37-43.php
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/23074?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,L8+Turns,20,2,0,4438163

     However  (<--- you know there had to be a 'however', right? hihihi):  In both my V3 and just-arrived V6.2, L7 and L8 are wound with 10 turns.

    The wire in both has a 0.43mm diameter, and so does the wire on a roll of 26 AWG.

    L7 and L8 are the same - you have an "on line example" should you want a 'sanity check'.  See if your L7 has 10 turns.

    Good luck,
    73, Andy, KG5RKP