Topics

Reducing power

R. Tyson

Hi,
I have a uBitX to build over the Christmas period. I will be using the KD8CEC firmware and Nextion 2.8" screen
Is there an easy way of altering the output power, short of dropping the supply voltage ? If I could make this easily adjustable....

I like to run QRP CW so that means no more than 5 watts output.
Any ideas appreciated to save me re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks,

Reg

ajparent1/KB1GMX <kb1gmx@...>

Please observe the schematic of the radio board.

Resistor RV1  is there to serve that function.

NOTE; if you turn it down (clockwise, yes its odd) for 5W on 80M
you will get less power on successive bands.

Allison

Sascha Bohnet | DL5SMB

There is also another approach by John, VK2ETA, who tried to control SSB and CW power output via software/firmware by changing the clock frequency of the raduino (40 Mhz IF).
I do not understand it fully, but details can be found here.

Gordon Gibby

I would suggest to just get a non-inductive potentiometer,  put it on the panel, and run tiny coax to it so you have a panel mounted drive controller.