Topics

Receive current on V6 builds

Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services

What is the generic RX current is on these radios with the supplied touch screens?

Bob
WB8BEL

Jack, W8TEE

It varies with the size of the display and its resolution. The JackAl display (5", 800x480) draws about 0.8A. I am currently using a 2.8" touch screen display and it draws about 0.12A

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 3:26:01 PM EST, Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services <fischertek@...> wrote:

What is the generic RX current is on these radios with the supplied touch screens?

Bob
WB8BEL

--
Jack, W8TEE

Thanks for the quick reply, Jack.
Is  0.12A just the 2.8" LCD current or the total nominal receive current?
I would like to know the total RX current of a V6 with the standard 2.8" display.

Bob
WB8BEL

To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:52:10 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Receive current on V6 builds

It varies with the size of the display and its resolution. The JackAl display (5", 800x480) draws about 0.8A. I am currently using a 2.8" touch screen display and it draws about 0.12A

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 3:26:01 PM EST, Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services <fischertek@...> wrote:

Bob
WB8BEL

--
Jack, W8TEE

Jack, W8TEE

I do not have a V6 board right now. Perhaps it would be best for someone who has the V6 board to give you the numbers. All I know is that the small 2.8" display does not require a lot of current to run. The 0.12A draw was just for the display, not the underlying rig.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 5:03:12 PM EST, Bob Fischer, Fischer Technical Services <fischertek@...> wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, Jack.
Is  0.12A just the 2.8" LCD current or the total nominal receive current?
I would like to know the total RX current of a V6 with the standard 2.8" display.

Bob
WB8BEL

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:52:10 PM

Jack, W8TEE

Bob
WB8BEL

--
Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

barry halterman

My V6 at 13volts draws 400ma. 

Thank you Barry.

That's what I like about this group.
When anyone has a uBITX question, someone else usually has the answer.
If no one has the answer, competent members work together to find it.

Bob
WB8BEL

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:09:23 PM

My V6 at 13volts draws 400ma. 

_Dave_ AD0B

It looks like the earlier version is the winner on receive current draw. The V3 idles in receive at about 210ma.  Nice to know what the v6 does.
--
Dave
AD0B
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys