Topics

Raduino clone

barry halterman

Hello fellow ubitx owners. There is a raduino clone available from TSW (w0eb.com) that deserves your attention if you are looking for another raduino.
I have one and must give it two thumbs up! TSW offers the raduino in a couple different versions, a complete kit, just the blank board or the PCB with the SI chip soldered on. I ordered the complete kit and for the price, was a great deal. The SMD parts are all 1206 size. Not too small to see or handle. It took me about an hour to assemble and is of top quality, easy to assemble and allows you to have some experience with SMD parts.
One of the nice features of this raduino is the regulator is mounted on the top of the board, away from the toroids on the ubitx pcb. Also, the heat from the regulator spreads on a ground pad, that warms the SI crystal, akin to having the crystal in its own oven. I have been using this clone for the past month or so and have had no issues with it. I also run the teensy 4.0 with this and enjoy it very much. BTW, the full kit comes with a pre-programmed nano with the stock (factory) sketch.
Barry
K3Bo

Jerry Gaffke

There's a future for you in marketing!

Heating the crystal is not a good thing unless there is some sort of temperature control
going on.   I doubt it's an especially bad thing in this case, but it's by no means a feature.

The TSW Raduio is a good option for those needing to buy one.
Especially for those in the US not wanting to wait for shipment from India.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 10:59 AM, barry halterman wrote:
Also, the heat from the regulator spreads on a ground pad, that warms the SI crystal, akin to having the crystal in its own oven.

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Unfortunately for some potential buyers, the version for older uBITX models is discontinued. They are now only selling the one for V6 radios.