Topics

Raduino 32, a Raduino with ESP32 for #v6

ramonlh@...

Hola,
ha llegado la PCB para la v1 de Raduino 32 y ya está funcionando.

Características:
  • No es necesario modificar el equipo. Solamente hay que retirar el Arduino Nano e insertar la nueva placa en su lugar.
  • Segundo puerto serie.
  • Medidor de ROE.
  • Puerto 1-Wire para sondas de temperatura DS18B20. Miden la temperatura de los transistores de potencia. Corta la transmisión si se supera 50ºC.
  • 2 salidas PWM para servos. Estos servos controlan los condensadores variables de un acoplador EMTECH ZM-2, convirtiéndolo en un acoplador automático.
  • 2 placas ADS1115, con 8 entradas analógicas.
  •   2 de ellas se usan para el S-Meter.
  •   2 para medidor ROE.
  • 100 memorias.
  • Función "Scan"
  • Español/English. Puede añadirse otro idioma añadiendo un fichero.
  • Servidor WEB. Todos los ajustes y calibración puede hacerse vía web.
  • Servidor FTP.
  • ...
El código y la documentación disponible, en https://github.com/ramonlh/ubitx32

Saludos,
Ramón

Hello,
PCB for Raduino 32 v1 has arrived and is already working.

Characteristics:
  • No need to modify equipment. You just have to remove the Arduino Nano and insert the new board in its place.
  • Second serial port.
  • SWR meter.
  • 1-Wire port for DS18B20 temperature probes. They measure the temperature of the power transistors. It cuts the transmission if it exceeds 50ºC.
  • 2 PWM outputs for servos. These servos control the variable capacitors of an EMTECH ZM-2 coupler, turning it into an automatic coupler.
  • 2 ADS1115 boards, with 8 analog inputs.
  •   2 of them are used for the S-Meter.
  •   2 for SWR meter.
  • 100 memories.
  • "Scan" function
  • Spanish / English. Another language can be added by adding a file.
  • Web server. All adjustments and calibration can be done via the web.
  • FTP server.
The code and documentation available, at https://github.com/ramonlh/ubitx32

Regards,
Ramon

Guenter

Ramon

An impressive project.
Do you sell the pcb or can we get a Gerber file.
Last time, when I tried to compile, I got a lot of errors. I modified some parts, put in declarations, but at least there are some errors  left. Will try again.

Best regards

ramonlh@...

Hi, Guenter,

At the moment I do not sell the PCB, but if you want one I can send it to you by mail for its cost, I can send you the Gerber files or you can access here https://easyeda.com/join?type=project&key=a8d2bf85b3e9d548adddbda5e663226d. It is public.

I am going to place a new order with version 2, because version 1 had some errors (they can be fixed by cutting some tracks and making some bridges). I will order 5 PCBs version 2. If anyone is interested I can order more.

About compilation, I could help you. You can send me the list of errors or, better, if you have Teamviewer installed I could connect me to your PC and try to fix it. Preferably, using Uecide.

Regards,
Ramón

Nicola Potalivo

Hi Ramon do we have to register to access the file? Can you send the via mail or drpobox? Does  the gerber file Referring to v2?
Very impressive work

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 17 set 2020, alle ore 12:51, "ramonlh@..." <ramonlh@...> ha scritto:

Hi, Guenter,

At the moment I do not sell the PCB, but if you want one I can send it to you by mail for its cost, I can send you the Gerber files or you can access here https://easyeda.com/join?type=project&key=a8d2bf85b3e9d548adddbda5e663226d. It is public.

I am going to place a new order with version 2, because version 1 had some errors (they can be fixed by cutting some tracks and making some bridges). I will order 5 PCBs version 2. If anyone is interested I can order more.

About compilation, I could help you. You can send me the list of errors or, better, if you have Teamviewer installed I could connect me to your PC and try to fix it. Preferably, using Uecide.

Regards,
Ramón

ramonlh@...

Hi,I have uploaded the gerber files of v2 in the files section. Here https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/Raduino32/Gerber_Raduino32-PCB%20v2_2020-09-17_20-34-24.zip

Or searching "Raduino32".

Saludos,
Ramón

Guenter

Ramon,

thanks for your offer. I talked with a friend of mine and we like to have two of your V2 pcb, if possible.
Uecide is new for me. Some years ago I saw an article about it in c't, but never tried.
It's time for test ;-)

Best regards

Tom, wb6b

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 09:52 PM, Guenter wrote:
Uecide is new for me.
That looks interesting. I downloaded it and now have yet another IDE to play with. Here is a link: https://uecide.org

Noted that they they are going to stop supporting the Mac because of the choices Apple is making going forward. I really like my Mac, it has lasted forever, but I do most of my serious work in Linux running on VirtualBox, on my Mac. So it really no longer is as important to me if my laptop runs OS X or Windows. Gulp... Maybe the writing is on the wall and my long preference for the Mac (it works much more seamlessly with the UNIX/Linux systems used in data centers) as a development platform may have an eventual end?

If you are willing to forgo the S-Meter and SWR meter, would it anything else important be missing if you just hand wired an ESP-32 dev board to Nano socket adaptor, without the ADC chips, to try this code out?

Tom, wb6b

ramonlh@...

Ok Guenter, when the pcb arrive I will let you know. Approximately 10 days and about € 2.50 each pcb, plus mail from Spain to ???

I use Uecide because it is faster than the Arduino IDE compiling.

Ramón

ramonlh@...

Tom,
you can connect a board with ESP32 to the arduino socket without the ADC1115 boards. These are only used for S-meter and SWR measurements. Essential functions are connected directly to the ESP32's GPIOs, especially the morse keyer.
You can see the pins used in the document https://github.com/ramonlh/ubitx32/blob/master/doc/pins.pdf

Regards,
Ramón

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:40 AM, Tom, wb6b wrote:
[...]

Hello Ramon.

That sounds perfect.

Many thanks,
Guenter, DF1KU

ramonlh@...

I have added some photos about Raduino32 at https://groups.io/g/BITX20/album?id=254099
Ramón

Lou KI5FTY

will this run on a v5?
73
Lou KI5FTY

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 1:47 PM <ramonlh@...> wrote:
I have added some photos about Raduino32 at https://groups.io/g/BITX20/album?id=254099
Ramón

ramonlh@...

Hi Lou,
It could work in uBitx v5 but it is necessary to change the Raduino board for one with a 320x240 TFT touch screen and perhaps make some additional modifications. It can be done but it takes work.
Ramón

ramonlh@...

Hola,
I have uploaded a video with the S-meter in action    https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/Raduino32/DSCN1840.AVI