Topics

PTT with digital modes #bitx20 #cat #digital

V Zecchinelli

Good Afternoon,

I don't know if this has already been discussed.  I found one message with same issues but no answers.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

When I plug 3.5mm cable into PTT/Mic my V5 uBitx immediately goes into transmit.  I tried stereo cable, mono cable and even just a bare plug with no cable attached.  CAT works fine and so does audio but I can't get past the radio going into TX.

Using Windows 10 on Acer PC,  WSJTX V2.12.  CEC V1.08.

Thank you,
Vince N1VIN

Erwin Serlé

Just had the same since yesterday. I installed the small PTT push button in the orange cable coming from Raduino board and going to the microphone key jack. Now th problem is over.

You can now do a CAT PTT with the CEC firmware (with or without a plug in the key jack) or a manual PTT when the plug is in the mic key jack.
I have used JS8CALL and WSJT-x to test PTT.
I have not transmitted so far.
--
PE3ES - F4VTQ - Erwin
73