Topics

PTT sense mod

BevTed Stanier <bevtedstan@...>

This mod shows the base of NPN transistor connected to Pin 16 of P3 (pin 16 is connected to pin 15 on the raduino board) through a 4.7K ohm resistor. Pin 15 of P3 is +12v according to the Wiring up the BITX40= HF SIGNALS page 2 of 11 and is a Orange wire. However the mods list and pictures of the raduino board showing P1,P2and P3 shows P3  pin 15 as being +5v not +12v.  I measured pin 15 as +12 which makes sense because it feeds the input of U3 regulator to produce +5v for the raduino.

Where did I go wrong? Any help appreciated.

Ted VA7CTA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Evan Hand

Ted,
Can you provide the reference to the mod?

73
Evan
AC9TU

BevTed Stanier

Hi Evan

https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/operating-instructions.md

Here is where I have been doing some mods after updating the raduino software.

There is a picture under the title “PIN LAYOUT” that shows p3 Pin 15 as +5v.

There is a picture under the tile “CAPACITIVE TOUCH KEYER” that shows p3 Pin 15 as +12v orange wire.

The mod that I was trying to install is farther down under the title “TX-RX WIRING” which shows The base of an NPN transistor going through a 4.7k resistor to P3 Pin 16. P16 on P3 acording to my schematic is connected on the board to Pin 15 which I measure as +12v. The collector is +12v and the emitter is gnd and parallels the PTT sw.

Should the base have +5v or +12v?

Hoe that is some help.

Ted

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Can you provide the reference to the mod?

73
Evan
AC9TU

Allard PE1NWL

Hi Ted,

raduino_pin_layout.png\

the numbering is from right to left. So pin 16 is the most left one. In the picture it has a blue wire and it's labeled D7 (TX-RX).

73 Allard PE1NWL

BevTed Stanier

Thanks Allard

New I must have been confused somewhere

73

Ted

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

the numbering is from right to left. So pin 16 is the most left one. In the picture it has a blue wire and it's labeled D7 (TX-RX).

73 Allard PE1NWL

Evan Hand

Ted,
I believe that the P3 connector pin 15 is the +12v supply to the Raduino 5volt regulator, from the mainboard.  At least that is what I know from the Raduino on the uBITX.  You get the 5volts from the Raduino regulator on the P1 connector Pin 3.  You will note that in both of the pictures of that 5 pin connector, none of the mods wires are connected to that point.

73
Evan
AC9TU

BevTed Stanier

Allard

I have a schematic for the Arduino that shows the D7 is on pin 1 of P3.

page 3 of 10. And pin 16 goes to the input of regulator U3 on the board. Do know if this has been changed?

The date on this document is 12/18/2019. The title page is “BITX40-CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION”

That may been when I down loaded it.

https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/bitx40-circuit-description/

73

Ted