Topics

problem loading nextion firmware model mismatch

Morris Ford <morrishford@...>

Trying to load nextion firmware on a 2.8 lcd. The load is saying that the model in the firmware and the model of the lcd don't match. Is that a known problem? I have double checked that I have the right firmware and the device is truly a 2.8. The difference between the two is that the firmware model number has R at the end and the device does not.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Morris
K7LSV

paul wegwert

Morris,

I had the same problem with my 2.8 Nextion. Try

"UBITX_Nextion_GUI_V3\ubitx_28.TFT".

 Make sure it is a TFT file and not an HMI file. There are others that will work but try this one first.

Have Fun,

Paul
KD9JYV

Morris Ford <morrishford@...>

Update: I had a 3.2 display here so I just loaded that one and it worked right off. I'll just get a 3.2 front piece and forget the 2.8. It's already on the way back to Amazon. Looks like I got someone's scam return.

Morris
K7LSV

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 5:10 PM paul wegwert <chico.wegwert@...> wrote:
Morris,

I had the same problem with my 2.8 Nextion. Try

"UBITX_Nextion_GUI_V3\ubitx_28.TFT".

 Make sure it is a TFT file and not an HMI file. There are others that will work but try this one first.

Have Fun,

Paul
KD9JYV

Jack, W8TEE

The 2.8 size is likely not the problem. You need to have the display driver (e.g., ILI9341) on the display match the library used to process the code. Check to see if the display you ordered matches the library being used by the software.

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE