Topics

Power mic wiring

@KF4ZGZ

When one group member poster he used the bar-jac CB power mic, I went digging through my box-o-mics and pulled out one of my old CB power mics.
Chased down a battery on Amazon and now it's time for the wiring.
I have a V6 which uses the Baofeng mic with a single 3.5 mm TRS plug into a board mounted jack.
How should I wire the mic? here is the power mic wiring.
1-shield  - ground
2- n/c
3-X-mit  - PTT
4-audio
5-recieve
I assume I also need a blocking capacitor to stop power out from the V6.

Suggestions?

Evan Hand

I have mine wired with
1 - ground to the sleeve of the 3.5 mm plug
3 - PTT to the 3.5 mm ring
4 - Audio (I assume that is mic) to the 3.5 MM tip

I have a 4 pin connector on the mic, so the pin numbers are different.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

I missed the cap question.  The mic I have already had a cap in the mic output so I did not need one.  I would check your mic, though I would be very surprised if it did not have a dc blocking cap on the output.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Any mic its best to add a cap in the mic so it becomes interchangeable.