Topics

Operating uBITZ

Liam Kingsmill <lumetters1@...>

I've found no guide to operating the uBITZ,  Is there one?
How do I wire the included mike and push button switch?
If an included unwired (mic ?) plug is inserted in the mic jack, "TX" appears on the screen.  What does that mean?

Liam Kingsmill <lumetters1@...>

UPDATE:  One which is a correction ... in the third sentence  "Un-wired (mic ?) plug ..."    should read "somehow defecttve (mic ?) plug  "  The plug was not part of the uBITX kid.  It is a mono plug factory assembled to a two wire shielded cable.  Plug it it and "TX" shows on the LCD.

Unless capacitance in the copper shielded cable caused the "TX" to show in the LCD, I'm stumped.

However, a second test ... different plug from kit ( stereo) with two wires soldered to the tip and shield ... did not cause "TX" to show whether the tip and shield were shorted together or open circuit.

Ver 5.1 PC board.

Hi,

A mono plug inserted into a stereo socket will short the ring connection to ground and thus engage the PTT.  See the wireup diagram on the groups.io wiki section.

Darwin EI3IHB

Olivier Grand

Hello !
Have a look on attached file.
73 Olivier

Le sam. 27 juil. 2019 à 00:45, Liam Kingsmill <lumetters1@...> a écrit :
I've found no guide to operating the uBITZ,  Is there one?
How do I wire the included mike and push button switch?
If an included unwired (mic ?) plug is inserted in the mic jack, "TX" appears on the screen.  What does that mean?

terryhugheskirkcudbrifght@...

hi

if you are using the cec firmware then there is a user guide

terry gm4dso

Liam Kingsmill <lumetters1@...>

Mark, Darwin, Olivier ... Thank you!

Balasubramanyan Cp