Topics

On the subject of fake IRF510

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

I have ran my bitx 40 on 13.8v from day one nothing has gone pop yet I have never looked at the pa current left it as set in India

On 24 Jul 2017 21:55, "Keith VE7GDH" <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

Andrew Krause

It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

Michael Hagen

I waited until I had an order for other parts, then luckily remembered the IRF510.  10 for about $6.50.

My orders to Mouser (my favorite) are usually $60-70.  So shipping is still 10 percent.

I kills me to pay the $7 shipping for a 6.50 order.  But even if someone bought a bunch, it would still cost a few $ to ship just a few.

I have shipped a lot of small PCBs and boards.  Seems to always cost $2.75 or more.  I even bought 100 small boxes (another $30) to save

weight and size.   Best just build up an order and remember to throw the IRFs in?

Mike, WA6ISP

/24/2017 2:35 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:
It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Does anyone have any past experience with Tayda and IRF510s?

Thanks

Marco - KG5PRT

On Jul 24, 2017 4:58 PM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I waited until I had an order for other parts, then luckily remembered the IRF510.  10 for about $6.50.

My orders to Mouser (my favorite) are usually $60-70.  So shipping is still 10 percent.

I kills me to pay the $7 shipping for a 6.50 order.  But even if someone bought a bunch, it would still cost a few $ to ship just a few.

I have shipped a lot of small PCBs and boards.  Seems to always cost $2.75 or more.  I even bought 100 small boxes (another $30) to save

weight and size.   Best just build up an order and remember to throw the IRFs in?

Mike, WA6ISP

/24/2017 2:35 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:
It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Vince Vielhaber

I have a drawer full of them but have never tried them in an RF application.

Vince.

<mailto:ve7gdh@...>> wrote:

Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
PGP Public Key / Bitcoin Address <https://keybase.io/andrewakrause>
andrew.krause@... <mailto:andrew.krause@...>
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street

Graham

Something to consider when shopping these deals from Asian suppliers is the amount of time your purchase will take to show up in your mailbox.

Lately I have noticed that it has been taking longer and longer for such purchases to arrive. Latest one took nearly two months.

Steve VE7SL posted some comments on this topic on his blog in a recent posting:

http://ve7sl.blogspot.ca/2017/07/canada-post-qsls-magicband.html

Which contained a link to a CTV news report on the subject:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/delivery-delays-online-customers-waiting-months-for-orders-from-china-1.3441778

While these two postings relate directly to Canada it is likely that these sort of delays are being seen in the US as well, perhaps not to the same extent; perhaps the delays will get worse before they get better.

I find purchases from UK arrive within one to two weeks as do those from the US. My goto place is starting to be Mouser - I can shop in Canadian dollars, postage is a flat $8.00 and my purchase arrives direct to my mailbox in one to two weeks.

And of course, your mileage may vary.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 2017-07-24 22:10, M Garza wrote:
Does anyone have any past experience with Tayda and IRF510s?

Thanks

Marco - KG5PRT

On Jul 24, 2017 4:58 PM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I waited until I had an order for other parts, then luckily remembered the IRF510.  10 for about $6.50.

My orders to Mouser (my favorite) are usually $60-70.  So shipping is still 10 percent.

I kills me to pay the $7 shipping for a 6.50 order.  But even if someone bought a bunch, it would still cost a few $ to ship just a few.

I have shipped a lot of small PCBs and boards.  Seems to always cost $2.75 or more.  I even bought 100 small boxes (another $30) to save

weight and size.   Best just build up an order and remember to throw the IRFs in?

Mike, WA6ISP

/24/2017 2:35 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:
It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Jack Purdum <econjack@...>

I've used them a lot, but not for the PA. They have a distribution warehouse in Livingston, CO, so order come fast. Their prices are good and shipping is reasonable.

Jack, W8TEE

Does anyone have any past experience with Tayda and IRF510s?

Thanks

Marco - KG5PRT

On Jul 24, 2017 4:58 PM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:
I waited until I had an order for other parts, then luckily remembered the IRF510.  10 for about $6.50.
My orders to Mouser (my favorite) are usually $60-70.  So shipping is still 10 percent.
I kills me to pay the $7 shipping for a 6.50 order.  But even if someone bought a bunch, it would still cost a few $ to ship just a few.
I have shipped a lot of small PCBs and boards.  Seems to always cost $2.75 or more.  I even bought 100 small boxes (another $30) to save
weight and size.   Best just build up an order and remember to throw the IRFs in?
Mike, WA6ISP

/24/2017 2:35 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:
It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Michael Hagen

I have had good luck with Tayda parts (not Fets).  Shipping is about the same (maybe 1$) less than Mouser.  Time is a week to So. Ca.

So Mouser is faster.

Hard to beat Tayda on connector prices, although they are not real Molex brand.  I buy my connectors there and pins at Mouser.

It is unbelievable to get a connector housing for 3 cents!  Or a small electrolytic for 2 cents.

Some of their parts are really cheap (Price)!  But not brand name.  Some selection is really limited, like on small relays?

Mouser will have name brand FET, I got 10 for $6.50?

Mike, WA6ISP

On 7/24/2017 4:03 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
> [...]

> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO

Keith VE7GDH

Graham VE3GTC wrote...

postage is a flat $8.00
I am putting an order together from mouser.ca. Right
now, it shows $20 shipping. Perhaps it will go down
when I actually check out.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

Graham

When you get to the checkout you can choose from several shipping options. $8.00 is USPS first class or something like that. Shipping defaults to a higher value when you start out and you have option of selecting the shipping method on checkout.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 2017-07-25 00:44, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
Graham VE3GTC wrote...

postage is a flat $8.00
I am putting an order together from mouser.ca. Right
now, it shows $20 shipping. Perhaps it will go down
when I actually check out.

Vince Vielhaber

Actually it's not a distribution warehouse. It's my understanding that the orders are filled in Thailand and all US orders are expressed once a week to the Colorado address where they're placed in mailers and sent out. Before Colorado they used one in the northeast (Maine, Del, ..., don't remember which state now).

Vince.

<mailto:ve7gdh@...>> wrote:

Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause
General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO
PGP Public Key / Bitcoin Address <https://keybase.io/andrewakrause>
andrew.krause@... <mailto:andrew.krause@...>
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID "MotDog@..." <mailto:MotDog@...>
Mike@... <mailto:Mike@...>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Dr Fred Hambrecht

I have ordered from Taydae and have had good results with their 510s. I have yet to get anything from them that was not what was expected.

v/r

Fred W4JLE

Does anyone have any past experience with Tayda and IRF510s?

Thanks

Marco - KG5PRT

On Jul 24, 2017 4:58 PM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I waited until I had an order for other parts, then luckily remembered the IRF510.  10 for about $6.50.

My orders to Mouser (my favorite) are usually $60-70.  So shipping is still 10 percent.

I kills me to pay the $7 shipping for a 6.50 order.  But even if someone bought a bunch, it would still cost a few $ to ship just a few.

I have shipped a lot of small PCBs and boards.  Seems to always cost $2.75 or more.  I even bought 100 small boxes (another $30) to save

weight and size.   Best just build up an order and remember to throw the IRFs in?

Mike, WA6ISP

/24/2017 2:35 PM, Andrew Krause wrote:

It seems to me the best option we have at this point is

(a) Somebody buy a buttload of IRF510's from Digikey/Mouser, then repack/resell to people in the communities in order to spread the MOQ/Shipping costs.
(b) We identify a known good source on Amazon/eBay and keep them on a stickey...

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

--

Andrew Krause

General Class Amateur Radio License: KM4ZJO

andrew.krause@...
(404) 732-2369

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Graham

There is an eBay store in NY called NY-PLATFORM which has always struck me as a "warehouse" like operation. They list and sell many of the typical inexpensive electronic gadgets that you find in many of the Chinese eBay stores. I have purchased from this store and service is quick but you do pay for shipping from a US location.

http://stores.ebay.com/NY-PLATFORM

For what it's worth. May be the one Vince was thinking of.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

On 2017-07-25 02:04, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
Actually it's not a distribution warehouse. It's my understanding that the orders are filled in Thailand and all US orders are expressed once a week to the Colorado address where they're placed in mailers and sent out. Before Colorado they used one in the northeast (Maine, Del, ..., don't remember which state now).

Vince.

On 07/24/2017 07:03 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
I've used them a lot, but not for the PA. They have a distribution
warehouse in Livingston, CO, so order come fast. Their prices are good
and shipping is reasonable.

Jack, W8TEE

Michael Davis <maddmd818@...>

Although I am hoping that the PA failures are relatively small, are those of you replacing them using some kind of a socket vs removing a re-soldering?
Also, a few months ago, not knowing the difference, I ordered TO220 case and another with 2 legs TO263. The 3rd (center) connection/drain being the heat sink tab.
http://www.vishay.com/docs/91015/sihf510.pdf
This is the Vishay 2pin TO263 case from Arrow electronics https://www.arrow.com/en/products/irf510spbf/vishay.
BTW Arrow is a very large distributor and will sell small quantities to individuals.

Sent from Mike's iPad WA1MAD

MVS Sarma

unless one has shifted over to lead free soldering methods,  i suppose,  there is no point idn buying Pb free material.
regards
 sarma
 vu3zmv

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Michael Davis <maddmd818@...> wrote:
Although I am hoping that the PA failures are relatively small, are those of you replacing them using some kind of a socket vs removing a re-soldering?
Also, a few months ago, not knowing the difference, I ordered TO220 case and another with 2 legs TO263. The 3rd (center) connection/drain being the heat sink tab.
http://www.vishay.com/docs/91015/sihf510.pdf
This is the Vishay 2pin TO263 case from Arrow electronics https://www.arrow.com/en/products/irf510spbf/vishay.
BTW Arrow is a very large distributor and will sell small quantities to individuals.

Sent from Mike's iPad WA1MAD

--
Regards
Sarma

Andrew Krause

...you know, other than the whole "lead is toxic and our electronic waste is slowly poisoning our environment" thing...

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Mvs Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:
[...]

Watch arrow on shipping. They won't tell you if your order is coming from
multiple warehouses but will happily charge you shipping from each
warehouse. The *last* time I ordered from them it was a simple connector.
Male and matching female. Total connector cost was about $6. After
shipping the connectors and pins the invoice total was over $35 after
shipping.

Vince.

Although I am hoping that the PA failures are relatively small, are those
of you replacing them using some kind of a socket vs removing a
re-soldering?
Also, a few months ago, not knowing the difference, I ordered TO220 case
and another with 2 legs TO263. The 3rd (center) connection/drain being the
heat sink tab.
http://www.vishay.com/docs/91015/sihf510.pdf
This is the Vishay 2pin TO263 case from Arrow electronics
https://www.arrow.com/en/products/irf510spbf/vishay.
BTW Arrow is a very large distributor and will sell small quantities to
individuals.

Sent from Mike's iPad WA1MAD

Jerry Gaffke

At work, we might ship a few thousand boards each year.  Required by government regs to state how much lead we are flushing into the environment.  A difficult calculation, but turns out we can just tell them how much lead solder we buy, which is well under their red flag limits.  An old car battery pitched over a canyon wall is a bigger hit   (We have since transitioned to unleaded solder for production boards.)  A significant issue for outfits selling millions of units, but the Bitx is not yet in that category.  I feel much more guilty about all the gasoline I burn than I do about my hobbyist use of lead solder.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 06:38 am, Andrew Krause wrote:

..you know, other than the whole "lead is toxic and our electronic waste is slowly poisoning our environment" thing...

Arv Evans

Keith  VE7GDH

Given the large number of BITX transceivers currently in use versus the
rather small number of posts on this discussion group regarding failed
IRF510 devices, it would seem that IRF510 failures represent  a small
percentage of the total.

Key of course is to make sure that your antenna and feed line presents
a 50 ohm impedance to the transceiver antenna connection point.  This
however does highlight the fact the a BITX design, whether it be earlier
full-kits or the BITX-40 semi-kit, do not provide any way to operate at
low power for adjusting the ATU (Antenna Tuning Unit) to insure a 50 ohm
match.

Experience seems to indicate that an antenna and feed line impedance
over 100 ohms may allow the IRF-510 to go into oscillation.  Impedances
significantly below 25 ohms may cause the IRF-510 to overheat.

Some have come up with ways to adjust output power from near zero
to full output for tune-up reasons, for digital modes, and for CW operation.
A search back through the group posts can show these methods.

Arv  K7HKL
_._

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
Jerry KE7ER wrote...

> But otherwise, Allison reports that the IRF510's
> behavior is similar to the 10x more expensive RF
> devices such as the RD16HHF1. She continues to
> use the IRF510.

I was about to order a handful of IRF510s as it
appears that I am in need of a replacement. Whether
I end up with fakes or real ones, they don't look
too expensive to replace. However, if it became
a habit, it could start to add up. I know there
has been talk of replacements, but are just a
few people losing the finals, or is it becoming
common? I'll definitely be ordering IRF510s to
see how they fare, but if they start to go on
a regular basis, is the RD16HHF1 the logical
replacement? I might experiment with higher voltages
on an IRF510 at some point in time, but my plan
is to operate on 12 to 13.8V most of the time.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

Build this I posted this before it will protect the pa wile tuning I have it in 2 of my bitx its the circuit on the right hand side chris g0wfh