Topics

noise reductor / squelch ?

Gerard

Hello,
I have something to ask you
Back in the '80s, when French cibie was liberalized, we all had a Cibie. I still have mine.
To tell you that there was an adjustable button called Squelch or something like that.
It allowed to define a level, where the sound could pass.
So you can imagine my question: Is it possible to modify a Ubitx on the sound part to have the same type of setting. This for comfort and avoid having a permanent background noise. You understand what I mean. So, if you have a small diagram. Thank you
cdt

Curt

Gerard

I imagine you will find circuits on the web. Schelch is common on AM and FM rigs. These services are channelized so harder to miss a signal, but it happens if it is distant.

On ssb, if you implement schelch many signals will be missed when you are tuning. Most ssb rigs tend to not have schelch. But we had this unfamiliar rig at our club's field day, nothing on receive. Took me checking each knob to find it had a schelch control.

Add one if you wish.

73 curt

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

Squelch controls on CW and especially SSB with chop in and out with diys/dahs and between syllables on speech. It can be partly overcome by open and close time constants.

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 10/23/20 2:31 PM, Curt via groups.io wrote:
Gerard
I imagine you will find circuits on the web. Schelch is common on AM and FM rigs. These services are channelized so harder to miss a signal, but it happens if it is distant.
On ssb, if you implement schelch many signals will be missed when you are tuning. Most ssb rigs tend to not have schelch. But we had this unfamiliar rig at our club's field day, nothing on receive. Took me checking each knob to find it had a schelch control.
Add one if you wish.
73 curt

JD Hill

Hello all. I rarely post, but would an RF Gain control do what you are looking for?
That would be my suggestion.

72,
Jimmy,  W9JDH

Gerard