Topics

no rf output #bitx40help

KG5YUO

Hello I completed my very 5 units and it doesn't seem to transmit. It shows tx on the screen but no output on the power meter/ swr meter and the transmit led dosen't lite up.
Thanks.
Bruce KG5YUO
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

KG5YUO

That is supposed to be version 5 u bits

Bruce KG5YUO

Evan Hand

Did you purchase a case from another vendor?  If so, then which one, as they are wired differently and most likely is either a wiring issue or something with the add on boards the case supplier adds to the rig.

If installed per the stock wiring, then I would first verify that you are getting 12 vdc to the PA (brown wire on the 3 pin power connector).  If so, then I would verify that K1 is switching. and then K3.  I would also try CW mode to verify that it is in the PA part of the rig.

All of the above assumes that the receiver is working.

Good luck and welcome to the group.
73
Evan
AC9TU

howard winwood G4GPF

Check the transmit relay, what are you using to turn TX on?

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, 13:55 KG5YUO, <wtxrcdog@...> wrote:
Hello I completed my very 5 units and it doesn't seem to transmit. It shows tx on the screen but no output on the power meter/ swr meter and the transmit led dosen't lite up.
Thanks.
Bruce KG5YUO
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

KG5YUO

I purchased a case from amature radio kits .in The receiver works.

 Thanks Bruce

Evan Hand

Can you verify that you have PA power to the IRF510s?  I would verify that it is on pin 2 of both IRF510s.  Note, the PA power is always there, even in receive.  Without the bias voltage, the IRF510 are pretty much open circuits.

Schematic link if you do not have it: http://www.hfsignals.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ubitx_v5.pdf

I suspect that there is a wiring issue in the power to the PA.

73
Evan
AC9TU