Topics

Nextion standard vs advanced displays #2meters #nextion

W2CTX

Just curious as to why you spent money to buy a Nextion when the V6
comes with a color touch display?

rOn

On Saturday, February 22, 2020, 4:46:43 PM EST, Bill Howard <wb3v@...> wrote:

I purchased a new nextion 2.8 display model NX3224K028_011.  After loading the GUI into a micro SD card, connecting the display to the radio and applying power, I get the following messsage:
Model does not match
Device Model:
NX3224K028_011R

Apparently the GUI was written for the older standard Nextion 2.8 model NX3224T028_011

So, do I have to buy the older version, or is their a newer version of the GUI for the new Nextion display 2.8?
by the way I tried to re-compile the .tft file in Nextion editor and that did not work.
Regards, Bill WB3V

rpremooak@...

Display is more sophisticated, offloads processing to the screens own subsystem vs having the arduino have to take on the workload, trying to keep up with more sophisticated screen renderings.   Allows for ability to customize with Nextion tools the interface.

Evan Hand

Freeing up the code space that is required for the stock display allows for more features to be implemented.  The KD8CEC software also allows additional controllers to be added for things like spectra scopes, second displays, CW decoding, and others.  There is also an S meter addition that uses the spare A7 pin on the Nano.  Dr. Lee has also built an SDR interface into the KD8CEC software that allows you to connect an RTL-SDR like radio to the IF of the ubitx and manage it through the PC memory manager software that he also wrote.

It is a powerful ecosystem for the ubitx.  I would encourage you to look through his blog at HamsKey.com

My opinions, yours may differ.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Jack, W8TEE

Bad URL??

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Evan Hand

Jack,
I checked, and HamsKey.com takes you to the current blog from Dr. Lee, so not directly to the KD8CEC software.  There are so many options and features that have been added that I thought going to the start and then working through all the projects would be best.

I do not have a link to all topics, here are a few:
http://www.hamskey.com/2019/04/release-cec-firmware-v1200-for-ubitx.html
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/08/ubitx-firmware-cec-version-1097beta.html
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/
http://www.hamskey.com/2018/04/how-to-connect-sdr-rtl-sdr-to-ubitx-and.html

If you mean that the text is not a link, then here is the actual link:
http://www.hamskey.com/

I apologize for any confusion and thank you for the question.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Art Olson

This works

Art N2AJO

On Jun 20, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

[...]

Yep, it does. Some idiots read the posts here (e.g., me) and simply cut-and-paste the URL and expect it to work. That's not always the case.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 8:52:45 AM EDT, Art Olson <olson339@...> wrote:

[...]

No Problem.  I always appreciate any feedback, especially from experts like yourself.

Again, thank you.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Jack, W8TEE

Not a problem, Evan. I've been to Ian's site numerous times (he asked me to prepare a slide presentation on writing functions for his students in Korea, hence the many visits). I just forgot to prefix the URL as is sometimes needed.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, 9:07:19 AM EDT, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

Jack,
No Problem.  I always appreciate any feedback, especially from experts like yourself.

Again, thank you.
73
Evan
AC9TU

--
Jack, W8TEE

Mike WA0YCN

Dr. Lee’s implementation is excellent.  I have implemented nearly all the options/features - I consider it making my uBitx a “QRP 7300.”
--
Mike
WA0YCN