Topics

NEXTION DISPLAY UPDATES For KD8CEC ver 1.094 up

N5KBP

KD8CEC  3.2 files
Download this file
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/download/1.1/UBITX_Nextion_GUI_V3.zip
Extract Ubitx_32.tft for just the tft or Ubitx_32.him for the him file.

Marty
--
N5KBP

KM4TRT

Richard,
I have the Nextion 2.4 display and you can drill one hole in the Sunil's case and mount it on the front
on 3/8" stand offs (2 diagonally).  Not too elegant but now I can run it and decide if I want to modifiy the case an place inside
and/or make a bezel.
Has anyone had a problem with the display going off after a few minutes.
Mine goes dark after about 3 minutes and usually comes back on if I turn the encoder rapidly.
Andy KM4TRT

Ashok Khachar

Go to Menu --- LCD config ---disable screen saver
Ashok vu2kyz

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:16 PM KM4TRT via Groups.Io <garello=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Richard,
I have the Nextion 2.4 display and you can drill one hole in the Sunil's case and mount it on the front
on 3/8" stand offs (2 diagonally).  Not too elegant but now I can run it and decide if I want to modifiy the case an place inside
and/or make a bezel.
Has anyone had a problem with the display going off after a few minutes.
Mine goes dark after about 3 minutes and usually comes back on if I turn the encoder rapidly.
Andy KM4TRT

KM4TRT

Thanks Ashok,
I'll try it
Andy

Kevin Luxford

I would appreciate some help please.  I have a 3.5 inch nextion and I am trying to find a combination of .tft file and Dr Ian KD8CEC's firmware that will work together. The .tft files for the 3.5" nextion that Ian distributes only have a small screen image that occupies the top left portion of the screen.  KN4UD has modified .hmi files for the 3.5" nextion, but he states that they are for version 1.092 of the CEC firmware.  Now I can not find version 1.092 in Ian's archive - only later versions.  When I try one of these with the KN4UD .tft file the nextion displays the error, "Resource filebinver is error  99 47".  Does any one know what this signifies?
Thanks and vy 73,
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Sam Tedesco

Kevin, I just posted files under the topic "Ted". 

Kevin Luxford

Thanks, Ted, it is the wee small hours here, so will look at your files in the morning.
Thanks heaps.
Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

Mark Hatch

Fantastic!

One question, how does one change the step on the tuning? In prior version, I could touch the step on the screen and a sub screen would come up where you could select 1000, 500, 100. I tried touching the "1000 hz" on the screen and no submenu came up. Has it been re-located? I have a 3.2" enhanced Nextion.

BTW: Lots of 3d bezels available at thinguniverse etc. Covers up a lot of sins....

Mark
AJ6CU

Sam Tedesco

If u have the hmi file, make sure the touch event code is there. 

Mark Hatch

Nope, it is MIA. Tried copy/pasting from the original ones, but it was not obvious to me (first time I fired up the Nextion editor). This is a very useful function.

Also, it doesn't "look" like you can gain access to some of the cw options (tone, etc.) from the GUI.

Mark

Mark Hatch

Think we have user error here....

I used the screens from the first post. Believe those are obsolete. Going to try again with the "Ted" versions.

Mark
AJ6CU

chuckr@hostu.org

What would be the chance I could coax you in doing the same for Nextion 3.5 enhanced. Thanks for giving this your consideration and if so I can order another good 3.5 as the cheap chinese clone only partially works....
thanks
chuck

Sam Tedesco

There should be one for enhanced if you search "Ted"