Topics

Nextion cec sotware problem

mymonte666@...

Well a bit of a back story  i just got my ubitx v6 and after messing with it for a few days decided to do the nextion conversion with the cec software.

Here is were i ran into issues. The screen i got is a 2.8 basic NX3224T028. I found the software on github and downloaded the files. Now when i open the files on the nextion program when i either hit compile or load both with the screen connected and disconnected i get an error. I do not know the exact error from top of my head but it was along the lines of insufficient ram. And it referred to the page with the qr code. So i deleted it and then it started giving me an error to a page referring to the url for the qr code. So i deleted this line. After that i was able to compile/ load the file into the screen, and everything seems to be working fine, except i do not have the qr code backup option(because i deleted it).

Has anyone ran into this issue, or know a work around this? I think it has to do with the size of the information on the page, but i do not know were to start.

I also tried this on different files for different size screens and they all gave me the same error. I got the files from:
https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases/tag/1.1

Evan Hand

I had similar issue when trying to compile for the Enhanced display.  I believe it has to do with the updated Nextion editor, though I could be mistaken.  I was able to load one of the previously compiled tft files for the Basic display onto a microSD card and then transferred to the display.  The Enhanced tft from the same GitHub files did not work on the Enhanced display, not sure why.

If I were to guess, I would bet that one or more of the routines that the Nextion screen manager uses has grown, and the display was maxed out under the old development, so that when the original files are recompiled there is not enough room for the application.

Above are just guesses, I have not gone back to the older development environment to verify that.

73
Evan
AC9TU

mymonte666@...

Is there a way to get older versions of the nextion manager? I did noticed that it said that the file was created under an older version.

Evan Hand

I got curious and checked on the Nextion web page.  Seems there is a new version and an LTS version.  You might want to try the LTS version to see if that one can compile the 2.8 files.

https://nextion.tech/nextion-editor/#_section2

73
Evan
AC9TU

mymonte666@...

Thank you evan. That did it. I downloaded the LTS version and everything is working like a charm.

Joe Puma

Try and free up as much memory as you can in the editor.  Maybe compress the images a little.

The graphs take a lot of memory so if they enhanced that part of the editor in later versions I can see you getting memory errors. The layout was already close to maxing out its memory. I’ve had a hard time with that trying to expand a cec hmi to larger size.

Joe
KD2NFC

On Mar 27, 2020, at 1:31 PM, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

[...]

Idk. I might have an older copy allaying around

Joe
KD2NFC