Topics

Nextion breakout ribbon cable for v6 #nextion #v6

rpremo

With the v6 I am looking to use the Ribbon cable from Nextion but I could not find documentation of blue and yellow cable equivalents on the breakout board.  The ribbon cable uses IO_0 to IO_07 for the pins outside of 5v and GND which is clearly labeled.  Anyone have a mapping equivalent for TX and RX should be connected too on this board?  There is no mapping from the 4 pin connector to the ribbon cable equivalents that I can find, nor can I find the schematic of the display to try and figure it out.

Looks like the D8 and D9 on the Arduino is used for these two cable connections.

Evan Hand

rpremo

Can you upload the diagram as the link is not working.

Evan Hand

Here it is.  Not sure what is wrong with the link.

73
Evan
AC9TU

rpremo

Thanks for posting the file.  The other one was complaining of access control issues.

This diagram I was aware of, thanks for sending it though.  Unfortunately this one focuses on the 4 wire connector and I'm looking on other side of the screen to the flat ribbon cable for this breakout board.so flat ribbon would be alternative to the 4 wire connector.

I'm going to try and submit a support case with Nextion to see if I can get this mapping as well.  We'll see if I can find anything with that channel

rpremo

I suppose I can try and search and replace the usage of the touch and D_C in the HMI file to a Digital pin equivalent on the ribbon cable.  Anyone who is more familiar with the HMI agree this is the likely required action and also if you know off hand the reference variables in the HMI.

rpremo

Reply to Nextion ticket....

Sorry, Schematic is not available.
RX/TX is not mapped to Nextion GPIO

GPIO is for digital signal allowing
- input binding to Nextion component on page.
- input read or output write
Consistent with HMI requirements such as buttons
Not consistent with spi / i2c or the likes.

see cfgpio in Nextion Instruction Set.

W9THC CriP Sparks

Why not just use your ohm meter and prob the connector while touching the pin on other side Id imagine you would get continuity on the corresponding pins??

rpremo

From the description supplied in support case the digital pins via the ribbon cable are not compatible with serial communication, as such are not wired to each other in anyway since the other side with 4 pins is a serial connection.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10