Topics

New ubitx v6 on the way/construction #bitx20

Kelly Mabry

I have not attempted any adjustments to the radio.
I heard cw at 7052 and 7005.  The audio was weak, had to strain to hear them.

Besides the antenna not being resonant, I noticed some assembly quirks in fastening the lcd to the case. I felt like I had to slightly lift the raduino to make the display holes align with the case.  I was concerned that the pins might not make good contact with the socket.

I downloaded hex files for v1.20 sw from the kd8cec site, but haven't flashed anything yet.

Feels good to be back, but I thought things might start better.

Kelly KD5AJ

Curt

Kelly

Let's not mod anything until we get this working better. Try headphones for troubleshooting. Use a dvm to confirm you have a good connection from coax center conductor to the board. Also important that the bfo is properly calibrated. Anytime you load in new firmware the calibration is lost.  Yes check integrity of connections.  A poor antenna does reduce things on this rig, but on lower bands you should hear more than 2 signals.

Curt

Kelly Mabry

Curt, will do and report back!

Kelly KD5AJ

From: Justin Bowser - KI5GKD <justin.bowser@...>
Date: 2/22/21 8:36 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: BITX20@groups.io

[...]

Justin Bowser - KI5GKD

Kelly,

Yeah,  you are right about a powered speaker as I have found that the stock volume is a bit lacking and if turned all the way up starts either clipping or distorting.

73,

Justin
KI5GKD