From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Mick <Mgsebele@...>
Sent: 26 January 2020 14:42
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] neton screen to ver 6 board

Hi Stuart,
I just finish upgrading my v6 with a nextion 2.8 screen and using the CEC software. I’d be happy to help.
is your request hardware mounting, software configuring or both?
73
Mick
VA3EPM

Mick

Stuart.

Finally I got some time to gather the files together.

The hardware install is described in the  “ubitx-v6-…….modification file” file that WB2CBA – Barbaros Asuroglu put together.

The software upgrades are described in this link http://www.hamskey.com/2019/04/release-cec-firmware-v1200-for-ubitx.html

The Key steps are

  1. Make the hardware connections to the new screen as shown in the modification document.
  2. copy the ubitx_28.tft file onto a micro SD card (card of 1 to 16gb size)
  3. power off the radio, insert the SD card into the Nextion(bottom of screen), plug in the USB to the Arduino and to your computer. The file will automatically load onto the Nextion.
  4. remove the SD Card
  5. Unzip and Run the XLoader software then upload the file “UBITXV5_CEC_V1.200NX.HEX” (screen shot below) this file also works on V6

The hard part I found was getting the correct file combination. It’s all in the documentation but you have to dig to find it.

Hope this helps

73

Mick VA3EPM

wb2cba@...

Hi Stuart,

Here is the link for my guide to install Nextion 2.8" display to Ubitx V6. This is only the hardware installation. I hope this helps.

https://antrak.org.tr/blog/projeler/nextion-display-mod-for-ubitx-v6/

73

Barb WB2CBA

Mick

Barb,
I forgot mention it, but I successfully upgraded my v6 using your document
Thank you very much
73
Mick VA3EPM

wb2cba@...

Mick I am happy that I was helpful.

73’s

Barb,WB2CBA

rpremooak@...

I attempted to use this TFT for 2.8" screen but shows as incompatible with the screen that I have which is:

NX3224K028
Do you have a TFT that is compatible with this screen?

Evan Hand

rpremooak,
That is a 2.8" Enhanced screen, so you need the files that end in _E.tft.  I do not remember where I got these from, ut here is a zip file with what I believe is the correct tft file.

73
Evan
AC9TU

rpremo

From this set of files.  The following file did work for the NextionNX3224K028_011 screen using the ubtix_28_E.tft.  When opening the HMI file equivalent I get an error however with a parameter failure but the tft is working fine loading fine via SD card method.

Thanks for the help in getting to the working file.