Topics

Need Help Troubleshooting Raduino on BITX40

JD Hill

Good day all. I have been working on a BITX40 that I purchased earlier this year, so I am certain it is the newest version.  The rig turns on and the display and frequency tuning seem to be OK, however the function switch does not function so that I can do any of the functions to calibrate, etc. The switch is new and even shorting the orange wire going to he switch to ground does nothing.

Have I possibly got a programming issue or possibly a bad Raduino? This is my first time working with an Arduino of any kind, so I am learning as I go. I really want to get this rig up and running. I plan to use it mostly for CW but I may dabble somewhat with the digital modes.

I will really appreciate any assistance I can get.
Thanks in advance.
Jimmy,  W9JDH

Allard PE1NWL

Hi Jimmy,

what's the firmware version (as shown on the LCD at power on)?

73 Allard PE1NWL

JD Hill

The version that shows up when I power on is version 1.01.
I have tried to load newer version but apparently I am doing something wrong.

Allard PE1NWL

Hi Jimmy,

v1.01 is the original stock firmware and it doesn't support the function
button and other extra features.
For this you would need to upgrade (the latest version is v1.28.1).

Detailed installation instructions are available at
https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/installation_instructions/0-software-installation.md

73 Allard PE1NWL