Topics

LED hookup on ubitx v3 board

Janusz

Good day to all,

I'm almost finished assembling my ubitx v3 radio and in the manual (last page) it says to hook up the LED to the v3 ubitx board. I have looked every where on the board, on the internet and have not found any information pertaining to the hookup of the LED. Can someone help me out?
Thanks  Janusz  ve2zhp

Evan Hand

There was not an LED supplied with the HFSignals v3 uBiTx.  I assume that you have one of the enclosures supplied by third parties.  In order to provide correct information, it would be best to know the enclosure that you have, as well as the function of the LED (TX/RX, Red/Green, or just ON) as well as what you want it to show.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Janusz

Hi Evan,

I bought the v3 a couple of years ago and then last year a cabinet from amateurradiokits.in. When the case arrived, there were extra parts and among them the little pc board and LED. I would have liked it to show TX/RX but if there is no way of having that then I'll not use it.

Thank you for the clarification.

Janusz  ve2zhp

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 02:16:00 p.m. EDT, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

There was not an LED supplied with the HFSignals v3 uBiTx.  I assume that you have one of the enclosures supplied by third parties.  In order to provide correct information, it would be best to know the enclosure that you have, as well as the function of the LED (TX/RX, Red/Green, or just ON) as well as what you want it to show.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

There is a way to show RX/TX.  That requires a resistor (I assume it is on the board) and connections to the K1 relay and ground.  You tap off of pins 1 for TX and pin 3 for RX.  That will be 12 volts, so I would assume there is a current limiting resistor on the board supplied with the enclosure kit.

I have 3 of the enclosures but do not plan on using any of the LEDs.  That would require another connection to the board that would need to be socketed to allow for easy removal and modifications.  Also, with the KD8CEC Nextion screen upgrades, there is a TX/RX indicator on the screen, so the LED on the panel is redundant.

If you have more trouble in working out the details.  Let me know and I will dig into the kits that I have.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Hi guys,

Go to the ubitx.net website download section and click on VU3SUA case construction link. This will get you to a page with many pictures you can download to guide you.

73

Janusz

Great , thank you

Janusz  ve2zhp