From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Curt via Groups.Io <wb8yyy@...>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 6:47:46 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Kit box paint removal

No exact answers here. I suggest using a large drill bit, by hand, to remove paint at RF connector.

Curt

Mark Hatch

I tended to use a Dremel or when I could reach it a belt sander.

HOWEVER, I seem to remember that there was a thread about the paint somewhere that suggest paint dust and breathing were not something to do at the same time....

73
Mark

db1bmn@...

Ian Reeve

Should always be mindful of paint dust etc,I never use power tools for this purpose,a hand drill and counter sinking bit work for me.Any dust thus created won't be spread and inhaled as you drill at hand speed.