Topics

keying errors ubitx

rickaputi@...

have a version 3 and version 4.   when using paddles for keyer function, spurious dashes are generated quite often when hitting the dit side, after the dit is generated.  no keying errors generated on the dash side.  interestingly, i found that changing the resistor from 2.2 k ohms to 2150 ohms prevented almost all keying errors.  discovered this using a resistor substitution box, then i combined resistors in parallel to match 2150 ohms.  not sure why the circuitry is so sensitive to such a narrrow range, but it did work.  still having lots of fun with ubitx!  many thanks to sthe guys who compiled the .tft for the 5 inch nextion.   woohoo !!   WA2TDL, Rick.

iz oos

I had keying errors when the jack contacts were not clean enough or were not doing a perfect physical contact. Replacing them and keeping clean with isopropyl alcohol solved that issue.

Il 02/ago/2019 22:41, "rickaputi via Groups.Io" <rickaputi=aol.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
have a version 3 and version 4.   when using paddles for keyer function, spurious dashes are generated quite often when hitting the dit side, after the dit is generated.  no keying errors generated on the dash side.  interestingly, i found that changing the resistor from 2.2 k ohms to 2150 ohms prevented almost all keying errors.  discovered this using a resistor substitution box, then i combined resistors in parallel to match 2150 ohms.  not sure why the circuitry is so sensitive to such a narrrow range, but it did work.  still having lots of fun with ubitx!  many thanks to sthe guys who compiled the .tft for the 5 inch nextion.   woohoo !!   WA2TDL, Rick.

rickaputi@...

Thanks!!!😃