Topics

Just finished my first uBitx

Chris WB4ULK

Man these are GREAT projects! Reminds me of the old Heathkits.

Chris WB4ULK

Ashhar Farhan

Great music too!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM Chris WB4ULK via groups.io <chood73=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I documented my build here:

http://www.chrishoodblog.com/ubitx-hf-radio-project-pt1/

Mick

Very nice Chris!
Thanks for sharing.
I. Was wondering what metal break did you use?

Mick VA3EPM

Chris WB4ULK

I used a 30” hand break from Hazard Freight. 😂

Jeff Debes

Looks great!

--
jeff.debes@...

Mick

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 10:08 AM, Chris WB4ULK wrote:
I used a 30” hand break from Hazard Freight. 😂
Thanks Chris

Mick VA3EPM

Ashhar Farhan

How did you make those nice cuts?

On Fri 4 Sep, 2020, 9:24 PM Mick, <Mgsebele@...> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 10:08 AM, Chris WB4ULK wrote:
I used a 30” hand break from Hazard Freight. 😂
Thanks Chris

Mick VA3EPM

Chris WB4ULK

I used a small scroll saw and aviation snips.

Dean Souleles

Sorry, what is Hazard Freight?  Web search turns up nothing.

Dean
KK4DAS

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

The real name is Harbor Freight. It's a source of cheap tools. See it online here: https://www.harborfreight.com/

There was a parody of their catalog a few years ago, Hazard Fraught Tools. You can see it here: https://itsamanslife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ToolSale.pdf

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 8:24 AM Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Sorry, what is Hazard Freight?  Web search turns up nothing.

Dean
KK4DAS

Arv Evans

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 8:41 AM Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Sorry, what is Hazard Freight?  Web search turns up nothing.

Dean
KK4DAS

Jack, W8TEE

Probably was tongue-in-cheek for Harbor Freight.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, September 5, 2020, 10:36:35 AM EDT, Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:

Sorry, what is Hazard Freight?  Web search turns up nothing.

Dean
KK4DAS

--
Jack, W8TEE

Chris WB4ULK

Yes. That was an attempt at humor on my part. 😂