Topics

I need a lynx’s eye for the torus windings.

Gérard

Hello to all
May  a user of this forum tell me the number of turns on HF transformers from T1 to T11 on à Ubitx V6.

it's for my construction. it's noted in the documentation of µbitx V6 that it's 8 to 10 turns. No more précision.
If I look at pictures, it’s more for me 9 turns.
So can you answer me for a basic µbitx V6

You may see also some possibles modifications after for most power:

Besides, when we look at this topics, https://groups.io/g/BITX20/wiki/7641, We realize that we have to remove 8 turns on T8 for example if we make these modifications.
That would mean that T8 is down to one or two turns. Is that possible.
In fact, I’m looking at every possible improvement.

Here, my FT 37 43 transformers remodified to 9 turns (Before other modifications from yours answers) . I have passed my week to turn.
Thank's for your answers.

n5ib_2

Those in the photo are eleven turns.
Each penetration of the center of the toroid counts as a turn.

For example, a wire going in one side and out the other is one turn. It does not have to wrap around.

Gérard

Hello N5Ib_2,

Thank's for your answer. I
I understood that crossing the center of the torus counts for one lap. So, in this photo for example, we are at 10 laps.
Have a nice day.

Le mar. 2 juin 2020 à 20:51, n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> a écrit :
Those in the photo are eleven turns.
Each penetration of the center of the toroid counts as a turn.

For example, a wire going in one side and out the other is one turn. It does not have to wrap around.

Hi Gerard,

You might want to check the Wiki here for Alison's changes to some of the toroids for more balanced performance.

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/wiki/7641

73.