Topics

I am in need of a version 3 enclosure

Chris Cancilla

I am looking for a version 3 enclosure. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Chris Cancilla, W4CEC

--

__________________________
Chris Cancilla, W4CEC

Curt

Chris

Many v3 to v5 were built into a metal case from amateurradiokits.in

Excellent quality, my v4 uses one. Unfortunately India said to be in lockdown. Go window shopping to see what you think, as it may be worth a short wait.

At least one US supplier had 3d printed cases. Try search on ubitx enclosure to see what comes up, and query the list or search here for info.

Consider a temporary breadboard arrangement as required.

Take care stay well.

Curt wb8yyy

Gigabyte

If you don't mind doing a little cutting/drilling on the front panel this case worked well for me. It's available cheap from Amazon: https://amzn.to/3eDcR6H

I only comes in Blue/White, but I painted mine Green/Black.

IMG_20200229_234420.jpg
IMG_20200229_234409.jpg
IMG_20200222_134610.jpg
IMG_20200222_135531.jpg

Please Note: Any following text is automatically appended to all my communications by the system, without my permission, consent, or approval. I have no control over its appearance or content.
Disclaimer

Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law.

For optimum performance and safety, please read these instructions carefully.

Void where prohibited. No representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or utility of these materials or any information or opinion contained herein. Actual mileage may vary. Prices slightly higher west of the Mississippi. All models over 18 years of age. No animals were harmed during the production of this product. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or events, past, present or future, is purely coincidental. This product not to be construed as an endorsement of any product or company, nor as the adoption or promulgation of any guidelines, standards or recommendations. Some names have been changed to protect the innocent. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Package sold by weight, not volume. Contents may settle during shipment. No user-serviceable parts inside. Use only as directed.

Do not eat. Not a toy.

Postage will be paid by addressee. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. One size fits all. Colors may, in time, fade. For office use only. Edited for television. List was current at time of printing. At participating locations only. Keep away from fire or flame. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitised for your protection. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of the dog. Limited time offer. No purchase necessary. Not recommended for children under 12. Prerecorded for this time zone. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Slippery when wet. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. For recreational use only. No Canadian coins. List each check separately by bank number. This is not an offer to sell securities.

Read at your own risk. Ask your doctor or pharmacist. Parental guidance advised. Always read the label. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Do not stamp. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. Contains non-milk fat. Date as postmark. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Use only in well-ventilated area. Price does not include taxes. Not for resale. Hand wash only. Keep away from sunlight. For a limited time only. No preservatives or additives. Keep away from pets and small children. Safety goggles required during use. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue use. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. Please remain seated until the web page has come to a complete stop. Refrigerate after opening. Flammable. Must be 18 years or older. Seat backs and tray tables must be in the upright position. Repeat as necessary. Do not look directly into light. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool dry place. No salt, MSG, artificial colouring or flavoring added. Reproduction strictly prohibited. Pregnant women, the elderly, and children should avoid prolonged exposure to this product. If ingested, do not induce vomiting. May contain nuts. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Do not use if safety seal is broken.

Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, accident, lightning, flood, hail storm, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, avalanche, earthquake or tremor, hurricane, solar activity, meteorite strike, nearby supernova and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from improper or unauthorised use, incorrect line voltage, unauthorised use, unauthorised repair, improper installation, typographical errors, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, microwave ovens or mobile phones, sonic boom vibrations, ionising radiation, customer adjustments that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, disk failure, accidental file deletions, mud slides, forest fire, riots or other civil unrest, acts of terrorism or war, whether declared or not, explosive devices or projectiles (which can include, but may not be limited to, arrows, crossbow bolts, air gun pellets, bullets, shot, cannon balls, BBs, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, ICBMs, or emissions of electromagnetic radiation such as radio waves, microwaves, infra-red radiation, visible light, UV, X-rays, alpha, beta and gamma rays, neutrons, neutrinos, positrons, N-rays, knives, stones, bricks, spit-wads, spears, javelins etc.).

Other restrictions may apply. Breach of these conditions is likely to cause unquantifiable loss that may not be capable of remedy by the payment of damages.

This supersedes all previous disclaimers

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:31 PM Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Chris

Many v3 to v5 were built into a metal case from amateurradiokits.in

Excellent quality, my v4 uses one. Unfortunately India said to be in lockdown. Go window shopping to see what you think, as it may be worth a short wait.

At least one US supplier had 3d printed cases. Try search on ubitx enclosure to see what comes up, and query the list or search here for info.

Consider a temporary breadboard arrangement as required.

Take care stay well.

Curt wb8yyy

Mike KK7ER

I have an unopened v3 enclosure kit. Private message me if you still need it.

73 Mike KK7ER

_Dave_ AD0B

I have used an old kenwood stereo amplifier case, a recycled VCR case. Also used a Jameco Case.

What ever you choose, get a case with a front panel that is at least 3.5" high 10" wide and 8" deep. Even though it can be fit into a smaller box. Having room for add on boards heat sinks and displays is always nice.
Dave
ADOB
Raduino bracket and Ham_Made_Keys