Topics

Hi-Per-Mite Active CW Audio Filter in uBITX

Bill Meara

Dean Souleles

Awesome Bill -

Just the thing I need for my super-duper Arduino based Morse Sender / Decoder - it gets a little confused trying to sort all the overlapping signals.  It was nuts the other day during the contest.

And yes, I am learning code (thus obviating the need for the decoder) but it is considerably slower going at 60 than at 13.

73,

Dean
KK4DAS

Curt

Dean

since you already have the desire, just 2 tips.  (1) learn a few characters by sound.  ID them in your head if you hear one of them when the repeater IDs, let the rest fall on the floor.  same listening to a little CW on HF.  when you catch yourself hearing a few of the characters - you know its mission possible.  (2) as you go about and see letters on a sign, translate the ones you know to sound.

let this progress prompt you to learn another 2 characters.  don't count pieces of a character - most of our brains aren't that fast!  after you have the alphabet, let's conquer numbers one at a time - starting with 4 that is in your callsign.  let's learn your call in CW, then recognize it - cool.  learn it in 2 halves if you have too.

73 Curt

PS - cool progress Bill - yes I am barely ahead (at most) on my v4.  it has a nescaf tucked inside and a simple AGC, and some mods for spurious.  if you were closer I would invite you to our build/measure session in Westminster Saturday morning.