Topics

Hfsignals send ubitx on 3rd of march #v6 #ubitxv6 #homebrew #ordering

Burçak Çubukçu

Acording to tracking number my ubitx is still waiting in Mumbai since 14th of March. Probably reason of this is pandemics. Anyone has same problem? I don't have any clue how serious covid-19 in India. Has anybody know anything about when shipments will start again in India?
Thanks,
de TA2EE Burçak Cubukcu

support@...

Hello Burcak,

Some of the orders that were shipped out vide India Post during the 2nd and 3rd week of March have got stuck in at the Mumbai customs due to the global lockdown due to the pandemic when all international shipping came to a grinding halt. So all the orders that were sent during these weeks have been held up in Mumbai. While DHL has started international shipping post lockdown . India Post has still not started shipping internationally. This we found out was due to the international commercial flights that have still not started operations from India. (DHL btw have their own flights and have restarted operation almost immediately post lockdown) We were told by the officials at India Post that commercial flights were due to open up in the first week of June 2020 but have still not started till date. We also have a lot of India Post orders still pending with us which have not been dispatched yet. We have been writing individual mails to all our customers to upgrade to DHL and we dispatched around 10 nos yesterday vide DHL. We have again been told by India Posts that international shipping will be restarting soon and hopefully things would be restored to normalcy in the coming days. We however appreciate your patience and support during this crisis which is unprecedented and beyond imagination. We have already informed all those who wrote to us about this predicament and we will also be sending individual mails to the rest whose shipment has got stuck at Mumbai. Rest assured that it would be sorted out soon and you would get your order and we would be back to shipping through India Posts once again.

If you have any query please do write to us at sales@...

Thanks and Regards,

Thomas
--
Support@...

terry hughes

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
hi

is it possible to order via India post and wait . i am not bothered about waiting but i do not want to be clobbered by customs duty by dhl

terry gm4dso

support@...

Hello Terry,

Right now it is not possible to order through India Posts as they are yet to open up shipping internationally. We would request you to wait and we will update the website once India Post starts accepting international deliveries.

Thanks

Thomas
--
Support@...

Bob Lunsford

Mine arriuved in Cincinnati last week and after two days in transit. DHL got it in Erlanger KY Hub the next day (the 12th) and predicted a Jun 19 delivery — one week later for a distance of about 200 miles. Even the Post service took a week to receive some items I ordered from R&L Electronics in the Cincinnati area. R&L said the Post Office was running behind so I was just going to be patient considering the recovery from Covonavirus that many are going through now.

Surprise-surprise, DHL sent it via the Post Office and I received it yesterday. Therefore, DHL is determined to do a better job than the Post Office.

The assembly of the V6 went well and the key to using the right screws is using a scale in the metric system. However, here is a warning to prospective builders:

Do not over-tighten the encoder. I did and had to loosen it because the button-push function switch did not want to work for me when it was too tight. Otherwise, the radio went together with no problem EXCEPT one screw/nut combination for mounting the speaker did not work so I switched them out. This a good reason for those spares in the kit.

I'm  now waiting for the Kentucky Phone Net on 3816 KHz at 7PM EST to check in as a QRP operator. The fun begins.

Bob — KK5R

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 10:31:38 AM EDT, support@... <support@...> wrote:

[...]

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for detailed info.
Take care and stay safe
All the best from Turkey,
Burcak.

G1KQH

Mine got stuck too! Sent 23/3/20 from HF Sigs.. Arrived yesterday at my UK QTH 18/6/20.

Its Corona lockdowns fault sorry, I believe India was in total lockdown, but anything ordered from overseas at the moment patience is a virtue.

It also crept in through UK customs without any charges, but this only seems to be achievable using India post, which UK Post Office delivers, use of DHL gets caught every time and 20% VAT gets added and a DHL charge.

73 Steve

G1KQH

Lee

Ordered om 6/15/2020 and it got here 6/29/2020.   Once it was shipped DHL it took 3 days.  They explained the shipping delay was that they ran out of knobs.  Corona-19 may have slowed their knob shipment.  I am delighted it is here.   Maybe I should remove one wire from a control and solder it back on.   That way I can brag that I soldered this great radio together.  LOL
--
Lee - N9LO  "I Void Warranties"