Topics

Help with Memory Manager Please

Mick

Good morning to the Group

Now that I have me Nextion display fully functional on my V6, I need help with uBITX Manager please.
Thanks again to Evan and Mick for the Nextion support.  The transceiver is now re-assembled.

I have downloaded ubitx Manager V1.110 and set the COM Port.
I understand the speed is 9600.
My first task was to Read from uBITX and make a back up.
On pressing the Connect button, that button changes to Port Close, and I can press the Read from uBITX button.
A few seconds pass and the other buttons go 'live'.
No data is displayed though and I get an error message in the bottom window .....        [09:04] Error Receive Length = 1/1027

All I wish to do is to set the BFO correctly for CW.  CW pitch is fine on LSB, but just a high-pitched 'squeak' in CW mode, but I have no idea how to do this?
Also I would like my callsign on the display if possible.

Advice welcomed please.   Thanks in advance.

Mick M0GWD

Gerard

Mick,
I had this case with my Ubitx homemade
I had to reinstaller manager each time
In fact I realized that it worked every time, turning off the Ubitx electrically and then connecting the USB cable on the pc and relaunching manager
in this case the arduino is powered by usb >>>normally a led red light on arduino
try
cdt

Evan Hand

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 03:11 AM, Mick wrote:
I understand the speed is 9600.
The baud rate should be 38400.  Also, ensure that you do have the correct port.  See if you have more than one port in the drop-down menu.

From the symptoms, it is just the speed issue.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Gerard

Evan,
only for information
When i have made some tests, it's work with 9600 or other speed.
But as said before, the power supply of the ubitx had to be cut. the arduino, only connected by the usb of the pc. So auto powered.
cdt

Mick

Hi Gerard, Evan

Many thanks for the prompt reply.  38400 did the trick Evan.
I have backed up the current version and now have my callsign on the display.

The next task is to sort the very high pitch when in CW mode.  I believe I have to set the BFO for this mode.
I would like a pitch of 700HZ.

Please could you advise how I can sort this?

Many thanks

73

Mick M0GWD

On 22/10/2020 11:46, Evan Hand wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 03:11 AM, Mick wrote:
I understand the speed is 9600.
The baud rate should be 38400.  Also, ensure that you do have the correct port.  See if you have more than one port in the drop-down menu.

From the symptoms, it is just the speed issue.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

Mick,

You can set the sidetone frequency in Memory Manager.  I do not have the current page at my fingertips, but it is on one of the pages.  Setting that sidetone also sets the offset for the transmitter, depending on how you configure it in Memory Manager.

I do not use my uBITX for CW, so do not have specific recommendations.  Maybe someone who is using the KD8CEC software for CW can help.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Mick

Hello Evan

Thanks for getting back to me.
You mention pages, but despite searches I can't find a user manual or some instructions for the Manager software.
If one is available, or something like it, please could you send me a link.  I enjoy reading and learning.

Hopefully a knowledgable uBITX CW Op may be able to help me too.

Thanks Evan, all the best

73

Mick  M0GWD

On 22/10/2020 18:42, Evan Hand wrote:
Mick,

You can set the sidetone frequency in Memory Manager.  I do not have the current page at my fingertips, but it is on one of the pages.  Setting that sidetone also sets the offset for the transmitter, depending on how you configure it in Memory Manager.

I do not use my uBITX for CW, so do not have specific recommendations.  Maybe someone who is using the KD8CEC software for CW can help.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Bob Lunsford

If you use Split and set the TX and RX frequencies to the same number, when you are in RX, you can adjust the sidetone to whatever audio frequency you want with no circuit modification. Tapping the TX set at top can quickly put you on frequency to the station you hear and then tapping the RX field set you back to the frequency of the station you want to contact. This may be quicker and easier than diving into the programming. Once you get used to it, it should only take a second or two to get it going.

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 1:42:45 PM EDT, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:

Mick,

You can set the sidetone frequency in Memory Manager.  I do not have the current page at my fingertips, but it is on one of the pages.  Setting that sidetone also sets the offset for the transmitter, depending on how you configure it in Memory Manager.

I do not use my uBITX for CW, so do not have specific recommendations.  Maybe someone who is using the KD8CEC software for CW can help.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

I was not referring to an external document.  I meant scrolling down in Memory Manager to the section with the CW settings.  One of those is sidetone.

Hope this helps.

73
Evan
AC9TU

Mick

OK thanks Evan.  I understand now.

I will persevere and I'm sure that I'll get there.
I will post my results for others in due course.

All the best

73

Mick M0GWD