Topics

Help wiring the microphone to a stereo female plug on BITX40

olds.james@...

Hi...I've got a BITX40 project nearly complete, but I am having difficulty figuring out how to wire the microphone output to a female stereo jack. There are three lugs for two wires coming from the mic.

Thanks so very much.

Jim Olds
KI4THC
Arlington VA USA

Tom, N8TPN

Jim,

Check out this old post https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/46637

Pretty much sums it all up.

73 - Tom
N8TPN

Tom, N8TPN

Oops,

Probably should have linked this one instead: https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/46629

Plug the Mic plug into the female jack and use your DMM to check for continuity of the various pins - Mic Audio (Tip), PTT (Ring), and Ground (Sleeve).

Note that the supplied female jacks are switched-type jacks - continuity of the various pins changes when plugs are inserted.

Sorry for the confusion...

73 - Tom
N8TPN