Topics

Help for an appliance operator

James Carroll <jimcarroll@...>

Hello

I ordered an Antuino thinking I would have an SWR meter to help tune a random wire antenna.

Right now, I don't understand anything about the Antuino.

The first thing that puzzles me is an item on the fifth line of the display that is labeled "VTVM" and a number with several decimal places that changes so frequently that the LCD shows a blur with an occasional recognizable digit.  Before I pack it up and return it, I would like to figure out what is going on.

Any ideas?  Is there a URL for an explanation of this?

THanks.

Jim K9JEC

Evan Hand

Jim,
I would have you start with the video on the Antuino page:
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/antuino/

It is towards the bottom after the explanation on the menu items.

Based on your description, I will assume that you have the new 2.2 version of the software.  That is similar to the operation of the original 2.1, however, there are two differences:
1 - It will scan the frequencies requested through the Freq and Span settings, with the start being 1/2 of the span before the frequency setting.
2 - A voltmeter was added IF you go in and add the probe to the unused Nano pin.  (I do not use it, so not sure on the details to add it).  I just ignore that part of the screen as I have multiple better instruments to measure voltage.

The controls are slightly different, though not by much.  Instead of PLOT you select and press the encoder on OK to start scanning.

Please read the above page, view the video, and then get back to this group if you have any questions.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Evan Hand

The only explanation of the new functionality is buried in this long video on designing RF feedback amplifiers:
https://youtu.be/j3Xf_SpK7qc

The original video works with the new software, you just need to adjust for the new controls and ignore the VTVM.
https://youtu.be/Tg6kNV5oGEU

And the original description page:
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/antuino/

Hope this is clear.
73
Evan
AC9TU

Arv Evans

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 3:10 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
The only explanation of the new functionality is buried in this long video on designing RF feedback amplifiers:
https://youtu.be/j3Xf_SpK7qc

The original video works with the new software, you just need to adjust for the new controls and ignore the VTVM.
https://youtu.be/Tg6kNV5oGEU

And the original description page:
https://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/antuino/

Hope this is clear.