Topics

Gordon Gibby Digital Interface

Ladies and Gents

 Gordon Gibby, KX4Z has offered us a great little kit to release and its now ready!

This digital interface has all the bang with a great price.

On board 5v regulator that you can power from 12-13.8v or you can leave it off for direct 5v input.
Built in VOX PTT via reed relay
PTT LED
Input and Output gain control
Audio Isolation transformer 600:600ohm

The kits are available for 15$ or 20$ assembled https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=120

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Laurence Oberman

Ordered
And Thanks
Summers over so time to get back to my ubitx projects
Regards
KB1HKO
Laurence Oberman

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 2:42 PM N8DAH <@N8DAH> wrote:

Ladies and Gents

Gordon Gibby, KX4Z has offered us a great little kit to release and its now ready!

This digital interface has all the bang with a great price.

On board 5v regulator that you can power from 12-13.8v or you can leave it off for direct 5v input.
Built in VOX PTT via reed relay
PTT LED
Input and Output gain control
Audio Isolation transformer 600:600ohm

The kits are available for 15$ or 20$ assembled https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=120

David

N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

You are absollutley NUTS to offer it for $20   ASSEMBLED.   That is very little over what the  PARTS cost us.

never again will I solder one together----I'm just ordering from YOU!!!!

Because there is a ground plane, you may even get away with not enclosing this, but you'll do better if you just screw the board to a small piece of wood (or double-stick-tape to some cardboard) and put it in a small tea tin or something.   I found tin boxes for $2 each.

If you make the TX gain ccontrol a 500-ohm panel mount, you'll have much better control of the TX signal....  That's what i do for HF.  For VHF, the little trimmer works fine.

i use the $5 Adafruit 1475 cound card, and I literally drill a hole and solder the wires to the right places, after I pop apart the white plastic, of course.   See here:   https://www.adafruit.com/product/1475​  They are not great soundcards,,,,but they work.

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exercise caution with links and attachments.

Ladies and Gents

 Gordon Gibby, KX4Z has offered us a great little kit to release and its now ready!

This digital interface has all the bang with a great price.

On board 5v regulator that you can power from 12-13.8v or you can leave it off for direct 5v input.
Built in VOX PTT via reed relay
PTT LED
Input and Output gain control
Audio Isolation transformer 600:600ohm

The kits are available for 15$ or 20$ assembled https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=120

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

​I would suggest you get familiar with how to crack open a 1475, and how to solder to them, and offer the entire thing as an option also -- it is duck soup to do it when you know now, and you get your +5V out of it for free also --- and that is a significantly huge improvement over the effort others will have to do, in order tolearn how to make those connections.

it makes it way more reliable as well....but people may destroy one sound dongle before they get the hang of soldering the +5 wire to the tiny red line coming in from the computer.    i do it with ease now.

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exercise caution with links and attachments.

Ladies and Gents

 Gordon Gibby, KX4Z has offered us a great little kit to release and its now ready!

This digital interface has all the bang with a great price.

On board 5v regulator that you can power from 12-13.8v or you can leave it off for direct 5v input.
Built in VOX PTT via reed relay
PTT LED
Input and Output gain control
Audio Isolation transformer 600:600ohm

The kits are available for 15$ or 20$ assembled https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=120

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

​I snapped up two of those before he runs out.......takes me 30 minutes to solder one togehter (including the sound dongle) and he just took off a good chunk of that!!!

I'm going to find the boxes I use and post those here also.    And also the 500 ohm pot for those wanting a panel mount TX control.   The RX is set-and-forget

gordon

[...]

I might be a little off but I feel like some have gotten a little crazy with prices on kits like this so I felt starting my own site was the best solution. I won't make millions but its fun to kit them and I love to build so its not all bad.

As long as I make enough to put food on the table and keep getting parts/boards I am happy. This helps a lot of people get gear and kits at a affordable rate, it also allows those that can't build a little help too.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

Can I teach you how to make the connection to the sound card and let you add that to the kit, because you could save the “assembled” buyers a ton of trouble for doing that for them.  The part is only five dollars, and the labor to make the connection is only about five minutes, but it will take the average person 20 or 30 minutes because they don’t know what they’re doing.

If you take apart the $5 sound card, drill the case , solder make the connections, and put it back together, leaving the wires for them to solder to the board, you should sell that partially assembled section for $8 dollars at least, because you have made the kit buyers far better off—-then all they have to do is wire to their radio and it is ready to go!!!

On Sep 18, 2019, at 20:55, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exercise caution with links and attachments.

I might be a little off but I feel like some have gotten a little crazy with prices on kits like this so I felt starting my own site was the best solution. I won't make millions but its fun to kit them and I love to build so its not all bad.

As long as I make enough to put food on the table and keep getting parts/boards I am happy. This helps a lot of people get gear and kits at a affordable rate, it also allows those that can't build a little help too.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Jonas Sanamon

Hi David,

If only more people reasoned like this, our society would look different (to the better).
I take my hat off for You!

73 from Jonas - SM4VEY

Den tors 19 sep. 2019 kl 02:55 skrev N8DAH <Dherron@...>:

I might be a little off but I feel like some have gotten a little crazy with prices on kits like this so I felt starting my own site was the best solution. I won't make millions but its fun to kit them and I love to build so its not all bad.

As long as I make enough to put food on the table and keep getting parts/boards I am happy. This helps a lot of people get gear and kits at a affordable rate, it also allows those that can't build a little help too.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Dale Hardin

I registered on the site to see a manual.  Couldn't download anything because "my basket was empty".  Could you send a manual so I can look it over?  Thanks, Dale

--
Dale Hardin
24750 State St. Unit 487

--
Dale Hardin, KS4NS
Elberta, AL

Gwen Patton

Aw, the site says you're out of stock already! I wanted to get a couple!

73,
Gwen, NG3P

Laurence Oberman

Gwen
I picked up 3, and I really only need two initially.
I will ship one to you once it arrives.
Will just send you a paypal invoice when it gets here.
oberman.l@... will be the request, what paypal can I use for you
when I ship.
Will be $20 (I got three assembled) as that was the price for each,
plus I guess about 2 bucks USPS if you in USA

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:33 AM Gwen Patton <@NG3P> wrote:

Aw, the site says you're out of stock already! I wanted to get a couple!

73,
Gwen, NG3P

They are sold out at this time. I have more parts already on the way for the next set of 25.

I am also reworking a few things on the board for better labeling and footprints and will order more boards once the next 25 sell.

Not sure on a time frame as one of the parts is coming from Europe but am hopeful for end next week.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Gordon Gibby

Superb!!!!

On Sep 19, 2019, at 10:26, N8DAH <Dherron@...> wrote:

EXTERNAL EMAIL: Exercise caution with links and attachments.

They are sold out at this time. I have more parts already on the way for the next set of 25.

I am also reworking a few things on the board for better labeling and footprints and will order more boards once the next 25 sell.

Not sure on a time frame as one of the parts is coming from Europe but am hopeful for end next week.

David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

All orders have been built and set for shipping. If by some random haze of madness I missed your order let me know. All orders will have a USPS tracking number linked to your paypal.

73

 More are on the way soon!
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Dennis

Hi David,
Can I get on the list for the next batch? Also, I tried to download the assembly manual from your store, but cannot access it due the the product being out of stock. Would you be kind enough to email me the pdf file.

Regards,
73, Dennis
W7DRW

Curt

Dennis

me too!  let's wait patiently as this may be another best seller with a long run.   David has his own preference for how manuals are made available, so hang in there on that also.

Curt

Trust me its not by choice on the manuals. The site layout/opencart that I use will not let me post the manuals I have to link them to sales. Its also why I say send me a mail and I will send them out. I have sent Dennis the info and Curt if you would like it let me know at n8dah@... and I can send them over. If I could post them on the product page I would but opencart will not let me.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

Curt

David

I appreciate what you are doing, sure email me a manual if you have time to grab my email from qrz.  I plan to order in the next batch, if I catch it in time (that is all on me).  Everyone needs to appreciate the ability to purchase things via your store and others who are willing to take the time for us.  Don't know if you know KC9ON that has been active selling things to the QRP community?  We can always hope for merchants on each continent to serve us across the globe.

I was looking for someone who had reviewed your paddle - maybe I just need to try one.  I use W5JH paddles, a large one in the shack and a small one in the bag - but I should play with something smaller.

73 Curt

PS - I knew of Gordon's nice relay board because our club did our kitting of them - glad you are making them available and I hope sales increase - its a clear winner on curing the harmonics

Curt,

 I need a call sign to look you up :-). Waiting on Isolation transformer's to get here and more will be ready as well.

John KC9ON is almost around the block from me, we are both members/officers of the Top of Michigan Amateur Radio Club.

Good person to talk to and has taught me a lot about kitting.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

KB2HSH

Can I still order even though they are out of stock??

John KB2HSH