Topics

getting the uBitx on FT8

Nick Tile

Hi Guys,I was planning to put my uBitx on FT8 - no problem with an interface for the audio, but puzzled as to how best to drive the PTT. I've installed Ian's Firmware which seems to be CAT compliant but I can't see if it drives the PTT or if I need to install a USB - Serial interface. Interested to know how you've done it ?

Nick

_Dave_ K0MBT

The arduino usb port plugs straight into the computer usb. I would reccomend a separate usb sound card for audio.
73
dave
K0mbt

Nick Tile

ah, that would imply that the PTT is driven through the USB port so is in software - I was wondering, thank you. There seem to be mixed views as to whether one should include isolation transformers in the audio chain so I was planning to build the simple interface that seems to be everywhere and includes them

Audio isolation is recommended, the cec software spoofs as a ft-817 I have run it without issue many times.
--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!

K5ESS

FWIW here’s my solution.  See attached.

Mike

K5ESS

Hi Guys,I was planning to put my uBitx on FT8 - no problem with an interface for the audio, but puzzled as to how best to drive the PTT. I've installed Ian's Firmware which seems to be CAT compliant but I can't see if it drives the PTT or if I need to install a USB - Serial interface. Interested to know how you've done it ?

Nick

Skip Davis

Thanks Mike for the interface solution PDF you put together it’s very useful. I’ve been meaning to build one again I just needed a schematic. I built a similar one for packet I just can’t recall what I did with it or what I did with the schematic.

Skip Davis, NC9O