Topics

FM

Larry Mittman

Is the uBitx V6 able to RX/TX via FM, and if so, How?
Thank you
Larry Mittman (N8MGU)

No

Curt

It does not have enough bandwidth to receive FM - if it did it would be a lousy SSB rig !

I am thinking one could add FM (and AM) circuitry at the 45 MHz IF (or the 12 MHz IF in front of the xtal filter).  But sunspots not provided - okay I realize we also have Es on 29 MHz.

73 curt

Adrian Chadd

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 15:14, Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It does not have enough bandwidth to receive FM - if it did it would be a lousy SSB rig !

I am thinking one could add FM (and AM) circuitry at the 45 MHz IF (or the 12 MHz IF in front of the xtal filter).  But sunspots not provided - okay I realize we also have Es on 29 MHz.

It also could make it fun on driving a transverter to do 2m split mode repeater work. Just add CTCSS..

Yeah, imagine if you could sneak in a second diode switched filter @ 12MHz to get narrow or wide options, and then feed that into FM demod..

-adrian
(kk6vqk)