Topics

Flipping Nextion display in software? #ubitx #firmware #nextion

Ben Miller-Jacobson

Hello everyone. I'm vuilding a uBitx. I screwed up and cut the hole for my Nextion display with it upside down. Does anyone know if there is a way to flip it in software? I intend to use the CEC firmware.

_Dave_ K0MBT

I don't know about reversal, that would be an elegant solution.

Have you considered elongating or opening in the case and covering it with a bezel.

Order the next larger Nextion and sell the one you have. For me it is only the 3.5" unit (or larger I suppose) that fits my fingers. Have tried all sizes below 3.5". They work if I use a pencil to touch  them but are very inaccurate with my fingers.
Dave
k0mbt
Ham_Made_Keys

Ted

Please don't think of me as obtuse, though, in what way is your rectangular opening "upside down" for the display?

I would second the recommendation of using a surrounding bezel to take care of this, short of going with a larger size which might negatively alter the paradigm of the rig you're working toward.

Sam Tedesco

Yes, you can. If you have the .hmi file, open it with the Nextion editor, select Device on upper right hand of command ribbon, select Display on left, select 270 horizontal, and recompile. I compile mine upside down so the sdcard port is reachable on the top.

Mark Hatch

You can load it into the Nextion editor (free download) and flip it (odd number of degrees, not just "180", maybe 270?). Then re-save.  Try to make sure that the sdcard slot is on top... Makes it possible to update the screen without disassembling your ubitx.

73
Mark
AJ6CU

Ben Miller-Jacobson

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I don't have convenient access to a Windows machine. I've been able to run the nextion editor in Wine, but it just gives an error ("the method or operation is not implemented") and does nothing when I try to compile.

I don't suppose anyone either has a fix or feels like compiling a flipped version for the 2.8 inch basic model? If not, I'll just have to see what I can figure out and maybe get started with the radio using it upside-down in the meantime.

Thanks,

Ben Miller-Jacobson

--
Sent from my Sailfish device

Sam Tedesco

Here is the CEC 2.8 flipped upside down. I'm not sure if the provided 2.8" fills the screen or has to be adjusted. Let me know...