Topics

First HF radio..incensed a week ago...I think I blew up my uBitXv4.

Jonas Sanamon

Hi Randy,

I have used my uBitx's a lot for portable use (Flora Fauna) the last year, with over 3000 QSOs logged in 2020 mostly on 80m, but also 160m, 60m and 40m. Mostly SSB, but also CW. I use Li-ion battery packs 16-20v and feed the PA with this voltage directly to get a few more W output power. I've used lots of different antennas with unique mounting styles for every "field day", sometimes SWR is as bad as 2:1. (it depends a lot on how high up in a tree I can get the line) that holds the antenna centre point up. I usually use a resonant antenna without any tuner.
I've never blown an IRF510, so I'm not sure that an increase in reliability really is needed :-)

73 de SM4VEY - Jonas

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 6:50 AM Randy.AB9GO <randy.ab9go@...> wrote:
Ashhar I should have been more specific in my question. Is there an increase in reliability using the Mitsubishi part or is it about the same?  The only reason I would switch is if the output devices would be less likely to fail.  The irf 510s are so cheap unless there would be an advantage I wouldn't move to the Mitsubishi part.

Thanks,
randy.ab9go@...

_