Topics

First Contact using BItX40 - Lithuania! #bitx40 (Tried 7.277, too much BCI here!) #bitx40

Robert D. Bowers

I tried getting on 7.277, but was receiving solid BCI from an AM station on 7.275 making it impossible to hear anything but splatter (couldn't get clear audio when I tried to find out where it was from either).  I poked around a bit, and heard a guy in Lithuania calling down near 7.177.  I replied, and we got through!

(Laugh!)  First contact with the BitX40 - 5126 miles!  (Shows the importance of good band conditions!)

Allard PE1NWL

Congrats Bob!
It's still amazing what results can be achieved with this little gem!

73 Allard PE1NWL

On Mon, July 22, 2019 04:17, Robert D. Bowers wrote:
I tried getting on 7.277, but was receiving solid BCI from an AM station
on 7.275 making it impossible to hear anything but splatter (couldn't get
clear audio when I tried to find out where it was from either).  I poked
around a bit, and heard a guy in Lithuania calling down near 7.177.  I
replied, and we got through!

(Laugh!)  First contact with the BitX40 - 5126 miles!  (Shows the
importance of good band conditions!)

iz oos

In the EU as you know we are limited up 7200. Maybe it would be just convenient to use standard qrp frequencies (CW/SSB) to meet other qrpers.