Topics

Firmware : transmits band limits

Pierre Guillot <jc_glt@...>

Is it possible to set limits in the firmware to prohibit transmission outside of ham bands limits as some countries like Thailand do not authorize the use of transceivers which can transmit outside of the ham bands. For exemple 80m goes from 3.5 to 3.6Mhz and 40m from 7.0 to 7.2Mhz, the other bands being more usual.

Evan Hand

Pierre,
There is using KD8CEC software.  For the v6, this would mean changing the screen to a Nextion and then using the Memory Manager to set the required bands.  The Nextion Display would add approximately $28 US to the cost of the radio.  There are also some small hole enlargements of the Nextion Display to allow it to fit the stock case supplied with the full kit.  Then the software changes.

One question back, how do these countries handle building your own transmitters?  With the KD8CEC software, I could go back and remove the restrictions with a simple change of one value.

73
Evan
AC9TU
AC9TU

Pierre Guillot <jc_glt@...>

Thanks for your answer. Please find a link to the Thai rules : https://www.qsl.net/rast/text/Type-approved-list.html
and the Thai Hamradio bands limits : https://www.qsl.net/rast/text/HF-VHFbandplan.html
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Evan Hand

Pierre,
Thank you for the links.  Still not sure how you get a uBITX certified to operate in Thailand, though I have no plans to go there myself so not really a question that needs to be answered for me.

Good Luck
73
Evan
AC9TU