Topics

Enhancement to #v6

Andy_501

Anybody with experience implementing CAT rig control have suggestions on best way to incorporate att device to work as modem embedded in uBITxV6 chassis. To enable more digi modes.

Card was only $15

cheers

N0YWB

Do you have a link to specs or the  "att device"

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 6:57 PM Andy_501 <andrew.webb.501.ve4per@...> wrote:
Anybody with experience implementing CAT rig control have suggestions on
best way to incorporate att device to work as modem embedded in uBITxV6
chassis. To enable more digi modes.

Card was only $15

cheers

Andy_501

Here is digi-key site information on it.     https://www.digikey.ca/en/product-highlight/t/texas-instruments/c5000-boosterpack

and ti wiki link   https://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Audio_Capacitive_Touch_BoosterPack . It is generally an ext sound card but in the ALE world  it was adapted for use similar to a SignalinkUSB except the Two TI units have more respectable tech characteristics for ale requirements.

I bought two back when I was active in cfars/mars  as it was an acceptable option used by a few ops  to use with PC-ALE / MARS-ALE software. Another one was TI ezDSP but mine was quite a bit more expensive (in the $99 range the one preferred by the software developers in that group).

C5000 series appear to have a stackable connection system much like the arduino starter kits make reference to; since I have the unused one in junk box I thought I would see if it might be of use as a built in digi modem enhancement for my V6. It was why I was also searching for more details from someone on setting CAT control up for the v6 unit here.  Need CAT to control RIG PTT mode freq etc but need the sound device to perform modem functions (USB interfaces with laptop and audio TX and RX modem tones)