Topics

Email still coming in no email button selected

jaytee1@...

Arv,

I un-subscribed and re-subscribed as suggested and the problem is still ongoing. Almost Immeadiately started receiving emails.

Another other suggestions???

David Gillooly

I haven't followed your thread so please excuse if my suggestion has been offered.

After you check the no subscribe button scroll down the page, and hit the save button. I don't know if this is necessary but may be worth a try.

Dave, AA6RE

jaytee1@...

Dave,
Thanks all suggestions are great. That was already tried and Admin gave it a try, but its a weird anomaly. As suggested I left the group and re-joined but the issue continues.

Bob Lunsford

I have found that some browsers when you hit the Save button and it does not work, hold down the Shift button when you click Save and the system accepts it. Worth a try.

Bob — KK5R

On Saturday, November 21, 2020, 8:55:15 PM EST, jaytee1@... <jaytee1@...> wrote:

Dave,
Thanks all suggestions are great. That was already tried and Admin gave it a try, but its a weird anomaly. As suggested I left the group and re-joined but the issue continues.

jaytee1@...

Save and shift did not work.

jaytee1@...

Okay for the Admin.
I have blocked this contact in my email and will see if that worked.
Great try and suggestions but its strange that it cant be stopped with the “No Email” selection. If a solution is found for that then I will be able to get emails only on the threads I’m following as opposed to all.
Once again thanks all for the help.

jaytee1@...

Admins....any suggestions.
I blocked this group on email and its still coming through. Now I am really confused. Endstate, I may have to unsubscribe and only subscribe when I have a question the un-subscribe....Not efficient at all.....lol

Reed N

Stab in the dark: is it possible that you signed up twice with different emails, and you're getting the emails forwarded by your client, rather than directly to the account?

Reed

Vince Vielhaber

Could you be subscribed with more than on email address? Stopping one but getting the mail from another one?

Vince - K8ZW.

when I have a question the un-subscribe....Not efficient at all.....lol

Arv Evans

Jaytee

Okay.  Reed may bed onto something.  If you do have another ID on the
BITX20 group it could be that you are receiving messages via that ID.

Some email handlers on some operating systems and on some browsers
support Email pulls using the URL directly  via POP-3 and/or via IMAP and/or SMTP..
I am not all that familiar with Windows (it has been years since I did Windows
stuff).  There are several alternate ways to poll for email using UNIX, Linux,
BSD, OSX (Apple), etc.  Less likely is that someone could have redirected their
BITX20 messages to you, but it has been done before.

Depending what you are using to access emails, you may be able to expose
the full path that those emails have been taking.  In some systems there is
something called an MX-record.  If your email handler supports it, you can
sometimes open the full MX record via a command in your browser or email
handler.  This is a little difficult to read unless you are fairly familiar with the
various email handling system.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  The last two days have been
occupied with trying to calm down another situation where one member of a
group is trying to get another member of the same group banned for using
Bold Capital letters in his posts.  If it is not one thing it is another.

Arv
_._

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 6:10 AM <jaytee1@...> wrote:
Okay for the Admin.
I have blocked this contact in my email and will see if that worked.
Great try and suggestions but its strange that it cant be stopped with the “No Email” selection. If a solution is found for that then I will be able to get emails only on the threads I’m following as opposed to all.
Once again thanks all for the help.

Arv Evans

JayTee

Just sent you some more suggestions.  It may be necessary to access the MS-record
for those unwanted email to see the start and ending delivery path.

Arv
_._

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 5:50 PM <jaytee1@...> wrote:
Arv,

I un-subscribed and re-subscribed as suggested and the problem is still ongoing. Almost Immeadiately started receiving emails.

Another other suggestions???

Retroradio

Arv,

Its an iPad.
The emails go to email account “A”
I also have email account “B”
If I log into the group with either email addy, the post emails still go to “A”.

I think the issue might be as follows.
Email “A” was my groups under the old Yahoo.
I joined this group using “B” email.
So, I tagged both for “no emails”, closed “B” and logged in with “A”. The problem was still there.

Hopefully this makes sense. I am unsure how to proceed and thanks to your and others for the help.

On Nov 22, 2020, at 8:58 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

[...]

After you made this change, you may have to turn off the iPad and back on again. Many digital devices require you to do this before any changes take place.

Bob — KK5R

On Sunday, November 22, 2020, 9:40:56 PM EST, Retroradio via groups.io <rockabillyguy13@...> wrote:

[...]

I sent you an email a few minutes ago explaining that we may have
to see the expanded MX-record to find the origination and destination
path that is being taken by those unwanted emails.  Some email
readers (and browsers used as email readers) can show the normally
hidden MX-record information on individual emails.

I just now did a search on the group membership to see if there were
multiple subscriptions having the same ISP address for delivery.
There are a few, but nothing looks strange in ways that might explain
the problem.

Display NameEmailDeliveryApplied
Norm Freidin VE3CZIrodemi@...No Email01/24/18
Tom Littletomlit@... BSummary09/10/17
aholden@...No Email02/20/17
Chuck Chiverscchivers@...Special02/15/17

Have you moved recently or maybe changed your email address
in the recent past?

Arv
_._