Topics

elves are at it

K9HZ <bill@...>

Looking to killing it in retirement.  The rest is blurry.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Jan 1, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:

Retirement would be good if ...
From age about 6 I knew I'd be involved in Electronics in some form. Here in NZ that calling is treated as a J.O.B. - Just Over Broke. Result: the career (Electronics, later 'and computing' Technician) had a 'use by' date and at 50, having never earned the national 'average' income, I was too old - on the scrap-heap - with 15 years of useful and gainful employment available till 'retirement age'. Now on pension, scraping by with no reserves ...
Your mileage has varied, and I envy you your comfort and productivity ...
73 de ZL2DEX

B C

If I ever run across the guidance couselor that told me electronics was the wave of the future when I was in high school 50 years ago I would punch him in the nose...hi hi..I learned that it takes years of education and training to become an electronics engineer, but no training what so ever to be an electronics engineer's boss. so after 40 years of below average wages I retired. so it looks like we had similar experiences.
My boss whose mission was to keep wages down and 'evaluate performance' even though he had no experience at it, made twice as much as I did.
hi hi..But Im not bitter...
Brian K9WIS

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>

Jack,

I keep trying to retire. I swear the third time must be the charm. I could be good at retirement.

Ok on hardware, coming back was fun. Software that was 25 to 50 years ago (yes software at hp in 1967), So hope to join the new millennium now. LOL

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 1, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Dexter N Muir <dexy@...> wrote:

Retirement would be good if ...
From age about 6 I knew I'd be involved in Electronics in some form. Here in NZ that calling is treated as a J.O.B. - Just Over Broke. Result: the career (Electronics, later 'and computing' Technician) had a 'use by' date and at 50, having never earned the national 'average' income, I was too old - on the scrap-heap - with 15 years of useful and gainful employment available till 'retirement age'. Now on pension, scraping by with no reserves ...
Your mileage has varied, and I envy you your comfort and productivity ...
73 de ZL2DEX

Leland Lannoye

Sounds like many experiences I have heard both in and out of the confessional.  Would a bigger salary habe enhanced any thing of real importance?

If I ever run across the guidance couselor that told me electronics was the wave of the future when I was in high school 50 years ago I would punch him in the nose...hi hi..I learned that it takes years of education and training to become an electronics engineer, but no training what so ever to be an electronics engineer's boss. so after 40 years of below average wages I retired. so it looks like we had similar experiences.
My boss whose mission was to keep wages down and 'evaluate performance' even though he had no experience at it, made twice as much as I did.
hi hi..But Im  not bitter...
Brian K9WIS

Dexter N Muir

> Would a bigger salary habe enhanced any thing of real importance?

Yes, Leland. It would have given (me anyway) more resources to do more and learn more, and more leisure to THINK.
73 de ZL2DEX