Topics

elves are at it

nphektor@...
 

- above post should have read "Mr. Farhan" 



My apologies

Jerry Gaffke
 

Sounds fun, are you planning any circuit mods?

I'm vaguely thinking of going the other direction:  Double sided using 0402's,
uC on board, audio cues instead of LCD.
Traditionally, this sort of thing is supposed to fit into an altoids tin.

Anyways, the statement below makes it sound like no gerbers will be available.
So if somebody wants to clone it, they need to put in at least a little bit of effort.
I don't recall gerbers of previous projects ever being made available.
And not sure how they would help on a Manhatten build.

>  i wish somebody else does it! the circuits, the software, everything is open source.
>  HFsigs owns nothing except the domain name and the pcb gerber files. even the content is open source.
>  it would be even more fun for us to sit back and watch others do it.
>  - f

Jerry, KE7ER



On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 06:27 pm, Craig Wadsworth wrote:
Ashhar,
Do you plan to publish the gerber files?
I'm building a somewhat larger version Manhattan style without SMDs where feasible, kinda the opposite approach to your compact construction.
Call it a 'desk tower' version of your design.
Again, thank you for being so generous with your work.
Best regards,
Craig
w9ctw

Ryan Flowers
 

I'll let Farhan answer for himself, but AFAIK the PCB's are the only copyrighted aspect of the BITX40, and I would suspect the same to be the case with the uBITX.

--
Ryan Flowers - W7RLF
MiscDotGeek.com
Multi Band BITX40
The BITX40 FAQ

Ashhar Farhan
 

the gerber had to be provided under restrictive copyright for hfsigs due to some legal twist, as the only 'asset' of hfsigs. i aim to release the editable, captured schematic soon. it is in kicad.
- f

On 5 Dec 2017 12:24 pm, "Ryan Flowers" <geocrasher@...> wrote:
I'll let Farhan answer for himself, but AFAIK the PCB's are the only copyrighted aspect of the BITX40, and I would suspect the same to be the case with the uBITX.

--
Ryan Flowers - W7RLF
MiscDotGeek.com
Multi Band BITX40
The BITX40 FAQ

tArthur Bryant
 

Thank you for all of your work. This project has seemed to get a lot of hams interested in QRP and kits. I enjoy building projects. but didn't know if I wanted to tackle anything this big. I especially like how you are helping your community by giving workers some place to work. Thank you Ashhar.

Art
KB8HGW

VE7BEE
 

count me in for 2 :) I will even prepay Ashhar

VE7BEE
 

The single band units are a joy to build and modify . Even works on 160 ! A big THANK YOU to Ashhar Farhan and the rest of the team for an outstanding job with this latest multiband update. You have added some extra Christmas cheer to hams around the world with this latest announcement . ubitx will be Ham Radio Fun for sure :)

WA9GQT@...
 

I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Vince Vielhaber
 

So did I, my date's different from yours tho. I only ordered Thurs nite.

Vince.

On 12/31/2017 09:11 AM, WA9GQT via Groups.Io wrote:
I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through
Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The
orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is
difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However,
we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details
of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order
is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are
encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look
forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get
in touch with us at hfsignals@... <mailto:hfsignals@...>

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Art Howard
 

I got the same mail a couple of days ago

On 31 Dec 2017 8:12 am, "WA9GQT via Groups.Io" <WA9GQT=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Art Howard
 

I meant to say I got the same mail a couple of days ago but mine was ordered the 18th of December

On 31 Dec 2017 8:12 am, "WA9GQT via Groups.Io" <WA9GQT=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

bill richardson
 

Same here and I ordered on 15 Dec.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 12:46 PM, Art Howard <k0kuk.vhf@...> wrote:

I meant to say I got the same mail a couple of days ago but mine was ordered the 18th of December

On 31 Dec 2017 8:12 am, "WA9GQT via Groups.Io" <WA9GQT=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I just received this post today(Dec 31).

Dear Customer,
Happy New Year!

We have received your payment of USD 119 on December 23, 2017 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.
We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.
Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Thank you Ashhar
Happy New Year,
73, Rod WA9GQT

Tom Christian
 

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>
 

I just ordered mine tonight so time to wait for it to come chris 

On 31 Dec 2017 23:36, "Tom Christian" <tmchristian@...> wrote:
Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
 

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
 

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT

Jack, W8TEE
 

Loved looking at your old gear on QRZ. I saw the Galaxy V; just sold my old GT-550:

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE



From: Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] elves are at it

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT


Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
 

Hi Jack,

Nice GT-550!

Yes I got quite addicted while cleaning out storage about 8 years ago.  Restored about 90 radios before shifting back to modern gear.  
Building stuff is still my favorite.

I can't tell you how much the uBITX reminds me of my SBE SB-33 (SF-1) like the one on my QRZ page with the matching linear.

73 Dave WI6R

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
Loved looking at your old gear on QRZ. I saw the Galaxy V; just sold my old GT-550:

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE



From: Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] elves are at it

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT





--
73 Dave WI6R

Jack, W8TEE
 

Sounds like you're just like me: Love to build stuff, but not too smart in the EE part...decent at software. Really getting into it with retirement...discovered I'm really good at retirement!

Jack, W8TEE



From: Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] elves are at it

Hi Jack,

Nice GT-550!

Yes I got quite addicted while cleaning out storage about 8 years ago.  Restored about 90 radios before shifting back to modern gear.  
Building stuff is still my favorite.

I can't tell you how much the uBITX reminds me of my SBE SB-33 (SF-1) like the one on my QRZ page with the matching linear.

73 Dave WI6R

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:
Loved looking at your old gear on QRZ. I saw the Galaxy V; just sold my old GT-550:

Inline image

Big mistake...

Jack, W8TEE



From: Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] elves are at it

QRZ has changed their link policy so you’ll have to type in my call sign for now.

Dave WI6R

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...> wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

Received mine on the 24th (lucky I ordered on the 10th).

Got my case yesterday late afternoon and finished the case prep before turning in.

Wired up this morning. It’s alive!!!
First contact 600 Miles - 59 report.

See top of my QRZ page for pictures.

Off to build a Mic pre-amp with Mic Gain control. Then work on paddle interface.

Dave WI6R

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Same here 12/23 date. Pretty excited!  Thank you, Farhan!
Tom
AB7WT





--
73 Dave WI6R



Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dexter N Muir
 

Retirement would be good if ...
From age about 6 I knew I'd be involved in Electronics in some form. Here in NZ that calling is treated as a J.O.B. - Just Over Broke. Result: the career (Electronics, later 'and computing' Technician) had a 'use by' date and at 50, having never earned the national 'average' income, I was too old - on the scrap-heap - with 15 years of useful and gainful employment available till 'retirement age'. Now on pension, scraping by with no reserves ...
Your mileage has varied, and I envy you your comfort and productivity ...
73 de ZL2DEX