Topics

elves are at it

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Well done!
Can Santa Farhan be bribed with Christmas sweets??
(Can't hurt to ask)

Marco - KG5PRT

On Dec 3, 2017 8:44 PM, "Jacob Long" <jasclo98@...> wrote:
I would love to get one
__,_.

Tom VE3THR

What a beautiful sight indeed. I promise to be a good boy so please tell the elves! Well done, looking forward to a new build. 73 Best Wishes Ash & Company.

The BITX Santa climbs down the antenna tower but is also known to slide down
a vertical. He then likes to warm his hands over a soldering iron before delivering
the uBitx. All this wile you sleep dreaming of the aroma of melting rosin!

Raj

At 04-12-2017, you wrote:
Well done!
Can Santa Farhan be bribed with Christmas sweets??
(Can't hurt to ask)

Marco - KG5PRTÂ

On Dec 3, 2017 8:44 PM, "Jacob Long" <jasclo98@...> wrote:
I would love to get one

Mark GØNMY

Do you have PCB dimensions Ashar?

Sourcing a project box for it to fit into would be great
Thanks for all yours and your teams hard work

Ashhar Farhan

6" by 5.5",
1. the heatsink protrudes out of the backside side (6" long side)
2. the raduino plugs into the front and protrudes by 0.5", so you will need 6" depth for the box.

you could, if you wanted to, remove the display from being plugged in, run a 7 wire cable from the raduino to the LCD board and place the LCD board anywhere else. but, roughtly, 6" x 6" is what it needs (for a very very tight fit, i couldn't get the volume control to the left of the raduino in that small a space).

- f

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Mark <mark.g0nmy@...> wrote:

Do you have PCB dimensions Ashar?

Sourcing a project box for it to fit into would be great
Thanks for all yours and your teams hard work

Mark GØNMY

Thanks Ashhar I assume 2" height would be ok?

so 6" x6" x 2" or is 2" not high enough?

Atleast we can now all start hunting for nice project boxes

thanks for the quick reply

G0NMY's Blog

May the Morse be with you!

Ashhar Farhan

At least 2-1/2" inches if you are on standoffs. The stand-offs are 1/2 inch, the display is another 1-3/4 inch above the pcb. i am sending the pictures from the phone in the next mail in the thread.

- farhan

On 4 Dec 2017 11:49 am, "Mark" <mark.g0nmy@...> wrote:

Thanks Ashhar I assume 2" height would be ok?

so 6" x6" x 2" or is 2" not high enough?

Atleast we can now all start hunting for nice project boxes

thanks for the quick reply

G0NMY's Blog

May the Morse be with you!

Gerry Kavanagh

Fantastic work Ash. Can’t wait for availability.
/ Gerry

Mark GØNMY

Thanks Ashhar thats very  helpful

G0NMY's Blog

May the Morse be with you!

m3ngc@...

Ashhar Farhan, you truly are Santa Claus.
One in your sack for me please.

Trent Trent <vk7hrs@...>

Ashar I would like to personally thank you and your team of workers for all the hard work in making these radios even possible,your service and quick response to emails,groups ete puts major companies to shame. Its good to see you stand behind and develop your products as much as you do, congrats on your success and I look forward to seeing more your future products

On 4 Dec. 2017 6:48 pm, "m3ngc via Groups.Io" <m3ngc=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Ashhar Farhan, you truly are Santa Claus.
One in your sack for me please.

Rob N4RMK

WOW!  Any guess on the price for these?

MVS Sarma

Being a multibander, Perhaps it could cross wo digits. Exact pricve -may be farhan or the dealing firm would workout.

regards
Sarma

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 6:46 PM, <N4RMK.tn@...> wrote:
WOW!  Any guess on the price for these?

Praba Karan

Excellent workdone by Farhan and his team. I am looking for further announcements.

Ashhar Farhan

trent,
i wish somebody else does it! the circuits, the software, everything is open source. HFsigs owns nothing except the domain name and the pcb gerber files. even the content is open source. it would be even more fun for us to sit back and watch others do it.
- f

On 4 Dec 2017 1:30 pm, "Trent Trent" <vk7hrs@...> wrote:
Ashar I would like to personally thank you and your team of workers for all the hard work in making these radios even possible,your service and quick response to emails,groups ete puts major companies to shame. Its good to see you stand behind and develop your products as much as you do, congrats on your success and I look forward to seeing more your future products

On 4 Dec. 2017 6:48 pm, "m3ngc via Groups.Io" <m3ngc=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Ashhar Farhan, you truly are Santa Claus.
One in your sack for me please.

Jerry Gaffke

How is the final schematic different from this?
     https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/33255

In particular I'm guessing all of these got left out in the interest of keeping expense and complexity at a minimum:
    AGC,  tx/rx pop fix,  debug aids such as an RF probe,  protection for the final

Adding these features and more will keep many of us out of trouble for months.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 06:38 am, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
the circuits, the software, everything is open source.

Goran VE6GPO

Looks like that's IT. On the second 'dimensions' picture, I see 45 MHz crystal filter, and right from there (at the right edge of the picture) double drivers Q92/92 and Q96/97, probably 2N3904s. If I recall correctly, older schematic was different than this, had two instead of four Qs in the drive, and they were of different type.

Frederico Gaiaz

I hope I can buy one soon.

nphektor@...

Off Topic -

Farhan,

I think its great how you've allowed the bitx to help your local community ...

I'll definitely be buying one of these radios when i build up enough in my radio fund