Topics

Edge meter

Mike WA0YCN

Has anyone found an edgewise meter with full travel to replace the one in the amateurradiokits AGC kit that has center zero?

howard winwood G4GPF

No need for another meter, just move the tab to move the needle over to the left ( or right if like me had to turn the meter upside down, otherwise it would interfer with the analogue connector on the main board.

Roy Appleton

????

Roy
WA0YMH

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019, 10:11 AM howard winwood G4GPF <winwoodh@...> wrote:
No need for another meter, just move the tab to move the needle over to the left ( or right if like me had to turn the meter upside down, otherwise it would interfer with the analogue connector on the main board.

Woody

Maybe the reference is to the mechanical "zero" adjustment which most meters have.   Success would depend on the available adjustment range.
Woody - KZ4AK

On 11/18/2019 16:18, Roy Appleton wrote:

Roy
WA0YMH

--

It works!  I just did it to the one that came with my case, however I ended up ordering a Workman CB meter from eBay, it looked much nicer and had the proper scale on it.

Joel
N6ALT

andy@...

Hey Joel I am just wondering what your working with regarding swr meter etc.
An option board of some kind as well?
I am using a uBITX V5 and working well in its stock form with good reports.

Andy VE6KP

howard winwood G4GPF

I use the AGC kit that the case maker sells, works well (hfsignals)

Hi Andy,

I'm using the AGC/S-Meter board that came withe the case, it works good. I was able to calibrate it it to a S 9 signal standard so it's very accurate also. It doesn't show SWR, but that could be done with Kits and Parts SWR bridge.

Joel
N6ALT

Christopher J. Shaker, KJ7BLE

On 11/18/2019 10:30 AM, Joel Caulkins/N6ALT wrote:
It works!  I just did it to the one that came with my case, however I ended up ordering a Workman CB meter from eBay, it looked much nicer and had the proper scale on it.

Joel
N6ALT

Mike WA0YCN

Thanks guys.  I am going to try the zero adjustment with the meter that came with the kit. But I also ordered one of the Workman meters.  :)  They have the leads on the top side, so we’ll see if it will work with the Nextion case.

Chris,

That is the exact one I used, it worked great.

Joel
N6ALT