Topics

Downloading firmware

yrralguthri@...

Are there files I can simply copy to a thumb drive and connect this thumb drive to the ubitx and allow it to update?

I'm not understanding the procedures I see on the ubitx sites on how to update the firmware.  I've just bought and wired a ubitx, it works, but I would like to update it to the KD8CEC firmware that works with the standard two-line display.  

Mike Kilpatrick

I know exactly how you feel!

When I first started with the ubitx earlier this year I was totally confused being a newbie to Arduino etc.

I would be happy to send you step by step details of how I managed to get mine up and running using CEC firmware.

We can do it here or you can email me at mike.kilpatrick@...

Mike

VK2DJP

M & J Kilpatrick
8 Chablis Drive
Cessnock
NSW 2325

Phone: +61 411 153 548

Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 09:42
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Downloading firmware

Are there files I can simply copy to a thumb drive and connect this thumb drive to the ubitx and allow it to update?

I'm not understanding the procedures I see on the ubitx sites on how to update the firmware.  I've just bought and wired a ubitx, it works, but I would like to update it to the KD8CEC firmware that works with the standard two-line display.  

Mike WA0YCN

Mike,

I’m just about to start my build.  If you send an email with the instructions, would you mind copying me too please?

Thanks,

Mike
WA0YCN

Mike Kilpatrick

Give me a few hours to put something together as well as deal with family matters and I’ll get back to you.

Mike

VK2DJP

M & J Kilpatrick
8 Chablis Drive
Cessnock
NSW 2325

Phone: +61 411 153 548

Sent: Saturday, November 2, 2019 12:21
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Downloading firmware

Mike,

I’m just about to start my build.  If you send an email with the instructions, would you mind copying me too please?

Thanks,

Mike
WA0YCN

Mike Kilpatrick

To the original person who asked the question:

The simple answer is “No”.  You need to have some form of software on your computer to enable communication with the Arduino Nano in your uBitx.

If you email me at mike.kilpatrick@... I can send you step by step instructions that will make it very easy.

I tried to send them to your email address as shown at the header on your question but it bounces back.

Mike

VK2DJP

Stig oz8pz-oz8wsp-oz8wsr

Hi Mike, i would also be happy for a step by step help to Update.
My mail adr. is   scp.leerbeck@...
Thank you.
Stig, oz8pz, oz8wsp for tx wspr and oz8wsr for rx wspr

Sendt fra min iPad

Den 3. nov. 2019 kl. 00.46 skrev Mike Kilpatrick <mike.kilpatrick@...>:

To the original person who asked the question:

The simple answer is “No”.  You need to have some form of software on your computer to enable communication with the Arduino Nano in your uBitx.

If you email me at mike.kilpatrick@... I can send you step by step instructions that will make it very easy.

I tried to send them to your email address as shown at the header on your question but it bounces back.

Mike

VK2DJP

<CD6F33A6F98E46B49B05802F60FD9A2A.png>
<A1311CB6E7B24E90AD25D4E54EE2C8B6.png>

yrralguthri@...

Your email in group is not highlighted and doesn't work at least for me.

Can you email step by step to me.   
yrralguthrie@...
or yrralguthrie@...

yrralguthri@...

That email direct would be 
yrralguthrieATgmaildotcom
or yrralguthrieATyahoo.com