Topics

Downloading firmware

yrralguthri@...

Are there files I can simply copy to a thumb drive and connect this thumb drive to the ubitx and allow it to update?

I'm not understanding the procedures I see on the ubitx sites on how to update the firmware.  I've just bought and wired a ubitx, it works, but I would like to update it to the KD8CEC firmware that works with the standard two-line display.

Mike Kilpatrick

I know exactly how you feel!

When I first started with the ubitx earlier this year I was totally confused being a newbie to Arduino etc.

I would be happy to send you step by step details of how I managed to get mine up and running using CEC firmware.

We can do it here or you can email me at mike.kilpatrick@...

Mike

VK2DJP

M & J Kilpatrick
8 Chablis Drive
Cessnock
NSW 2325

Are there files I can simply copy to a thumb drive and connect this thumb drive to the ubitx and allow it to update?

I'm not understanding the procedures I see on the ubitx sites on how to update the firmware.  I've just bought and wired a ubitx, it works, but I would like to update it to the KD8CEC firmware that works with the standard two-line display.

Mike WA0YCN

Mike,

I’m just about to start my build.  If you send an email with the instructions, would you mind copying me too please?

Thanks,

Mike
WA0YCN

Mike Kilpatrick

Give me a few hours to put something together as well as deal with family matters and I’ll get back to you.

Mike

VK2DJP

M & J Kilpatrick
8 Chablis Drive