Topics

Digital and audio connections reversed #ubitx-help

Daniel Wise

I am building a ubitx v6 in an amateurradiokits.in case. I have accidentally swapped the audio connector on the main board for the digital connector on the raduino, all seemed fine until I turned the encoder knob and heard a relay click, the ubitx restarted and there was a small wisp of smoke that came from somewhere behind the raduino board. Does anyone have an idea what I might have let the smoke out of? I have looked over the main board with a magnifying glass but have not found anything that looks burned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

Daniel

Lets be glad it was small, possibly only from outer surface of a part. I remember carefully studying the assembly instruction photo to get it right on my v4. If you can't figure it out, email me. If that would damage a ubitx we would have had a lot of failures. Also check no wire is touching 5v regulator there it gets warm.

Curt wb8yyy

Daniel Wise

Curt

Thanks for the reply. After carefully inspecting all the components with a magnifying lens I have not found anything that looks burned, I suspect that it was something on the surface of a component. I am going to finish wiring up the audio amp and see if I have any audio from the speaker tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. Good to know that my goof up shouldn’t hurt anything.

73
ke0ysa