Topics

Date for publishing Microcontroller Projects for Amateur Radio

Jack, W8TEE

All:
A number of you have asked me to post a release date for our Projects book. I just found out that the ARRL plans to start selling our book Microcontroller Projects for Amateur Radio around Sept 15. I do not have a price yet, as they still have some typesetting to do before they have a final page count.

--
Jack, W8TEE

Ashhar Farhan

fantastic! i have read the very early proofs, this book is going to get a number of people off youtube and onto arduino ide!
- f

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 10:03 PM Jack, W8TEE via groups.io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
All:
A number of you have asked me to post a release date for our Projects book. I just found out that the ARRL plans to start selling our book Microcontroller Projects for Amateur Radio around Sept 15. I do not have a price yet, as they still have some typesetting to do before they have a final page count.

--
Jack, W8TEE

Christopher Miller

This looks like an interesting book. Do you have a list of the projects in the book? I’m interested in putting together a TNC and other digital projects.

Chris

Jack, W8TEE

Hi Chris:

Doesn't seem like I should post an answer to your question. Perhaps this photo will help answer your question:

Inline image

I've also attached a TOC for you.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:09:05 PM EDT, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:

This looks like an interesting book. Do you have a list of the projects in the book? I’m interested in putting together a TNC and other digital projects.

Chris

--
Jack, W8TEE

MadRadioModder

This is all fantastic, but a little moot because the book isn’t out.

Doesn't seem like I should post an answer to your question. Perhaps this photo will help answer your question:

Inline image

I've also attached a TOC for you.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:09:05 PM EDT, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:

This looks like an interesting book. Do you have a list of the projects in the book? I’m interested in putting together a TNC and other digital projects.

Chris

--
Jack, W8TEE

…_. _._

Jack, W8TEE

My bad. This was supposed to be a private post to Chris. To All: Sorry!

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, July 3, 2020, 2:30:14 AM EDT, MadRadioModder <madradiomodder@...> wrote:

This is all fantastic, but a little moot because the book isn’t out.

Doesn't seem like I should post an answer to your question. Perhaps this photo will help answer your question:

Inline image

I've also attached a TOC for you.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, July 2, 2020, 5:09:05 PM EDT, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:

This looks like an interesting book. Do you have a list of the projects in the book? I’m interested in putting together a TNC and other digital projects.

Chris

--
Jack, W8TEE

…_. _._

--
Jack, W8TEE

Mike Short <ai4ns.mike.spam@...>

It is of interest to me, so thanks for sharing.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 09:16 Jack, W8TEE via groups.io <jjpurdum=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bill Cromwell

There are too many ways - all of the *easy* - to not see posts we don't want to see. There is no reason to whine and cry about this. If ARRL doesn't let me know when the book is out please let us know right here. Anybody who doesn't want to see it can mute or silence this whole thread. I did that with some of the long winded WSPR and FT8 threads that I don't care about. I didn't have to bother anybody about it.

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

<djmalak2k6@... <mailto:djmalak2k6@...>> wrote:
This looks like an interesting book. Do you have a list of the
projects in the book? I’m interested in putting together a TNC and
other digital projects.
Chris
--
Jack, W8TEE
<#m_-7456552391069211989_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
--
…_. _._
--

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I looked around for the means to mute message threads by subject on groups.io. We apparently cannot do that but there is a hint that we *can* mute messages by their hashtags. I have added a hashtag to this thread in hopes that it may help people who have no interest in reprogramming their radios nor interest in reading such books.

In future I will try to remember to include a hashtag in my messages so that people who don't like my drivel can mute it.