Topics

CW key cable for uBITX V6

Ralph King
 

Do I need to use the extra resistors on the cw cable a for straight key and/or iambic paddles on the V6 ?

Ralph  K1KOB  r.rking41@...

Skip Davis
 

Yes Ralph, there should have been three extra resistors included with your kit for that purpose. Although unless we carefully read all the information on the HF signal website we can miss that. The key input pin for the Arduino is an analog input and determines what type of key action to take depending on voltage. 

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Feb 26, 2020, at 16:38, Ralph King via Groups.Io <r.rking41@...> wrote:

Do I need to use the extra resistors on the cw cable a for straight key and/or iambic paddles on the V6 ?

Ralph  K1KOB  r.rking41@...

Curt
 

yes indeed its unusual but pins are scarce on the nano. if you only employ one connector you can set it up for straight key or paddle.  some folk set up for straight key (if they use one or an external keyer) and build an adaptor put plug between their paddle and the key jack.  its not as simple as telling the menu key or paddle - although you need to do that also. 

info around if you search for paddle with ubitx

73 Curt

Bill Leaming
 

On 2/26/2020 4:12 PM, Skip Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes Ralph, there should have been three extra resistors included with your kit for that purpose. Although unless we carefully read all the information on the HF signal website we can miss that. The key input pin for the Arduino is an analog input and determines what type of key action to take depending on voltage.
I never got any resistors in my bag of goodies for the v6 I received. Fortunately I have no plans to use CW. I've long ago forgotten most of the code since passing my General way back when... ;)

Bill

Richard
 

I also did not get the resistors, nor were they on the checked parts list.


On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 05:51:29 PM CST, Bill Leaming <n4gix@...> wrote:


On 2/26/2020 4:12 PM, Skip Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
> Yes Ralph, there should have been three extra resistors included with
> your kit for that purpose. Although unless we carefully read all the
> information on the HF signal website we can miss that. The key input
> pin for the Arduino is an analog input and determines what type of key
> action to take depending on voltage.

I never got any resistors in my bag of goodies for the v6 I received.
Fortunately I have no plans to use CW. I've long ago forgotten most of
the code since passing my General way back when... ;)

Bill




Jim Sheldon
 

In the uBITX V6, those resistors are already on the board next to the CW key jack and the 4.7K pullup resistor is located on the V6 Raduino PCB behind the mounted TFT Color display.  You do not need to wire anything as it's already done for you.


W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Richard" <disharp@...>
Sent: 2/26/2020 5:54:04 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] CW key cable for uBITX V6

I also did not get the resistors, nor were they on the checked parts list.


On Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 05:51:29 PM CST, Bill Leaming <n4gix@...> wrote:


On 2/26/2020 4:12 PM, Skip Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
> Yes Ralph, there should have been three extra resistors included with
> your kit for that purpose. Although unless we carefully read all the
> information on the HF signal website we can miss that. The key input
> pin for the Arduino is an analog input and determines what type of key
> action to take depending on voltage.

I never got any resistors in my bag of goodies for the v6 I received.
Fortunately I have no plans to use CW. I've long ago forgotten most of
the code since passing my General way back when... ;)

Bill




Bill Leaming
 

On 2/26/2020 6:02 PM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
In the uBITX V6, those resistors are already on the board next to the CW key jack and the 4.7K pullup resistor is located on the V6 Raduino PCB behind the mounted TFT Color display.  You do not need to wire anything as it's already done for you.

Thanks! That's' good to know.

73 de N4GIX - Bill

Skip Davis
 

Bill I should have said that is for non-V6 units, now the V6 uBITX have included the resistors on the board. So with the V6 you may only need to set the menu selection to Keyer or paddles. I don’t have a V6 here so someone else my have to tell you what needs to be done.

Skip Davis, NC9O

On Feb 26, 2020, at 18:51, Bill Leaming <n4gix@...> wrote:
On 2/26/2020 4:12 PM, Skip Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes Ralph, there should have been three extra resistors included with your kit for that purpose. Although unless we carefully read all the information on the HF signal website we can miss that. The key input pin for the Arduino is an analog input and determines what type of key action to take depending on voltage.
I never got any resistors in my bag of goodies for the v6 I received. Fortunately I have no plans to use CW. I've long ago forgotten most of the code since passing my General way back when... ;)

Bill