From: Groups.io <noreply@groups.io>
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:44 PM
Subject: [BITX20] Content flagged as objectionable
To: <arvid.evans@...>

Hello,

awhecker@... wishes to inform you that the following message:

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message?id=168492366

is objectionable. They entered the following reason why it should be considered objectionable:

----
spam.  This shill has his own group, but keeps spamming all groups to market his trash.
----

Please take a moment to review and take action as you feel appropriate for your group.

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Gigabyte

Although the post is self promotion, it was asked for and I don't think it anyway constitutes spam.

It's directly related to microcontroller development, Arduino, etc. I.E. μBitx.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, 14:27 Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
Al

That information was requested by members of this group.
It is directly related to Ham Radio, including some of the BITX20 projects.

awhecker@... wishes to inform you that the following message:
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message?id=168492366
is objectionable. They entered the following reason why it should be considered objectionable:
----
spam.  This shill has his own group, but keeps spamming all groups to market his trash.
----

Arv
_._

is objectionable. They entered the following reason why it should be considered objectionable:

----
spam.  This shill has his own group, but keeps spamming all groups to market his trash.
----

Please take a moment to review and take action as you feel appropriate for your group.

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Christopher Miller

I have to agree, it’s certainly on topic and can’t wait to buy a copy.

Chris

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:45 PM Gigabyte <steven.b.hoff@...> wrote:
[...]

Todd Carney

Given the tone of his comments included with "inappropriate" flag, it's very clear that the flagger has some kind of personal animus towards W8TEE. For this reason, the flagger's action is itself inappropriate, and it's an abuse of the flagging process--using it for merely-personal purposes.

At the *most*, a reasonable person might roll his eyes at a cross post or one which might be promotional. Anything more than that is off-topic and, frankly, pretty juvenile.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, 2:10 PM Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:
[...]

Gordon Gibby

I agree.   People should quit hassling W8TEE

On Jul 2, 2020, at 18:12, Todd Carney <carneytf@...> wrote:

[...]

Jack, W8TEE

Thanks, Gordon. I've probably had 30 emails asking about the publication date, and this is just a faster way of reaching them. I had no idea it would generate so much flak.

Hope you're enjoying the slight lull...how did your FD go?

Jack, W8TEE

--
Jack, W8TEE

Gordon Gibby

Our field day went FANTASTIC.   We helped new people gain skills faster than we've ever done before.   We did our first evver field day as our ARES-based club....at the EOC, and also in an attached field as a 2F, using batteries to run linear amps when the EOC couldn't test their  generators, solar to charge, petroleum to run, satellite efforts (unsuccessful)  AREDN MESH to Winlink Gateways to do bonus point radiograms, a full 26-page Incident Action Plan ICS-201 (we're an ARES(R) group!) and had a fantastic time primarily on FT-8 at 2 150-watt stations using vacuum tube linears.    Our group was very very pleased with the outcome.

And you?

Gordon