Topics

Cold temperature power up issue

Jeff Debes

I’ve noted that my V6 unit fails to initialize properly if the units temperature falls to around 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
If warmed to 65-70f , it will initialize and operate normally.
Is there any history of this issue?
Should there be / is there a display and main board production test at lower temperatures?

Jeff
AC2JB

--
*jeff.debes@...*

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I have experienced some cold xtals not starting but the temps were well below freezing. A poor solder joint or 'hairline' crack would be sensitive to temperature. Apply some mechanical pressure with a plastic tool to see if you can find a sensitive place.

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more